Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Russian Aircraft Manufactures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard.goode(at)russiana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Russian Aircraft Manufactures Reply with quote

The infighting for this has been going on for several years.  I can assure people it will make absolutely zero difference to the supply of spare parts for Yak aircraft - the practicality is that virtually nothing new for Yak 50, Yak 52 and Yak 55 has been made for 10 years!

The new Yak 52s for the Russian Air Force are indeed rebuilt old aircraft - they themselves are short of spare parts!

Richard Goode

Dictated by Richard Goode but sent in his absence.

Richard Goode Aerobatics
Rhodds Farm
Lyonshall
Herefordshire
HR5 3LW
United Kingdom

Tel:    +44 (0) 1544 340120
Mob:  +44 (0) 7768 610389
Fax:   +44 (0) 1544 340129
www.russianaeros.com

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Russian Aircraft Manufactures Reply with quote

Richard Goode wrote:
>
>The infighting for this has been going on for several years.  I can assure people
Quote:
it will make absolutely zero difference to the supply of spare parts for Yak
aircraft - the practicality is that virtually nothing new for Yak 50, Yak 52
and Yak 55 has been made for 10 years!

The new Yak 52s for the Russian Air Force are indeed rebuilt old aircraft - they
themselves are short of spare parts!

and I was under the impression that the Yak-52TW's were new aircraft.! If no parts are manufactured in the FSU for the Yaks, could this mean that Chinese-made parts will find there way into the current fleet of Yaks....thereby morphing the fleet into YakChangs?

Ah, sweet justice.

Craig Payne

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dougr(at)yak-18t.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Russian Aircraft Manufactures Reply with quote

Although the 52TWs are "new" aircraft, I imagine (not too hard) that
there are a few NOS parts in them. Also, I don't think they are
"sanctioned" in the same way they were during the "other" time. The
engines, my understanding, are in no way sanctioned by the original
manufacturer.

As for the "justice" of a morphing of the Yaks into Yakchangs, this
is really wacky. Great what a little bit of rationalization and some
morphing of their own can do to one's outlook - LOL!

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Russian Aircraft Manufactures Reply with quote

Not that would mean they are Chiyaks!
doc

[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: