Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glasair-List Digest: 3 Msgs - 05/30/07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icovey(at)nc.rr.com

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Glasair-List Digest: 3 Msgs - 05/30/07 Reply with quote

Hello:

I'm new here on this list server. (I usually monitor the Glasair News web
site.)

I'm building a Super II-FT and I would also be interested in seeing photos
of your modifications.

Thank you.

Byron Covey

---

- The Matronics Glasair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Glasair-List
Craymondw(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Glasair-List Digest: 3 Msgs - 05/30/07 Reply with quote

Where did you get the intersection fairing for the landing gear? How much do a set of Van's wheel pants run? I wish Van would produce a composite high performance plane kit. Van is a hustler. There is no doubt that he would employ using three layer composite pre preg that would be laser cut and heat cured in inexpensive ceramic molds. By doing that, Van would be the first to offer composite kits for less than half of what present kits run and would put all the old hand lay kit manufactures out of business. That German friend I told you about, with my help, produced a finished plug of an RV 4 and we where going to offer composite kits of that model. He decided to nix the idea after his lawyer informed him that producing it in his yacht production works would create a liability problem.
After owning several aluminum aircraft, I swore I would never own another one. I don't like Aluminum because it cracks and corrodes. But Van doesn't sit back and let his designs become obsolete, he looks for ways to increase performance on his craft. If Van were to reproduce his line in glass he would add several knots to cruise speeds.
I have to agree with you about Glasair 3's. I have flown several of them and I feel they are too damn heavy. I think a modified light weight carbon fiber Glasair 2 RG sporting the new IO 360 215 HP engine would offer the same performance as a Gl 3. I am surprised that Pheonix composites hasn't made molds to produce a carbon fiber version. Sooner or later somebody is going to.

See what's free at AOL.com.
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

wmjack1(at)t3cs.net

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Glasair-List Digest: 3 Msgs - 05/30/07 Reply with quote

Algie Composite Aircraft may be just what you are looking for. David Algie came from the F-1 racing world and has been at OSH the past couple of years. You can find more about his Carbon aircraft at this URL: http://members.iquest.net/~aca/photos.htm

From: owner-glasair-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-glasair-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Craymondw(at)aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:39 AM
To: glasair-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Glasair-List Digest: 3 Msgs - 05/30/07

Where did you get the intersection fairing for the landing gear? How much do a set of Van's wheel pants run? I wish Van would produce a composite high performance plane kit. Van is a hustler. There is no doubt that he would employ using three layer composite pre preg that would be laser cut and heat cured in inexpensive ceramic molds. By doing that, Van would be the first to offer composite kits for less than half of what present kits run and would put all the old hand lay kit manufactures out of business. That German friend I told you about, with my help, produced a finished plug of an RV 4 and we where going to offer composite kits of that model. He decided to nix the idea after his lawyer informed him that producing it in his yacht production works would create a liability problem.

After owning several aluminum aircraft, I swore I would never own another one. I don't like Aluminum because it cracks and corrodes. But Van doesn't sit back and let his designs become obsolete, he looks for ways to increase performance on his craft. If Van were to reproduce his line in glass he would add several knots to cruise speeds.

I have to agree with you about Glasair 3's. I have flown several of them and I feel they are too damn heavy. I think a modified light weight carbon fiber Glasair 2 RG sporting the new IO 360 215 HP engine would offer the same performance as a Gl 3. I am surprised that Pheonix composites hasn't made molds to produce a carbon fiber version. Sooner or later somebody is going to.

See what's free at AOL.com.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: