Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repucci Inspection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerrjohna(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Repucci Inspection Reply with quote

Bill, let us know of your inspection results and get ready for great flying. Over 100 hours on my RV9 now and most of it hands off when not doing whifferdills or whatever.

John Kerr
Logan UT

[quote]-------------- Original message --------------
Jack,

Welcome to the RV World! I hope you enjoy building as much as I have.

One of the reasons why this list is less active than the RV-10 list is that many builders have moved to the www.vansairforce.net forum.

Bill
RV-9 (FAA inspection in the morning!)
www.repucci.com/bill/baf.html

--

- The Matronics RV9-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV9-List
bill(at)repucci.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Repucci Inspection Reply with quote

Logan,

Thanks for the note.

I had the inspection this morning and the FAA guy, not a DAR, spent all of 20 minutes looking it over, collecting paper works, and watching 20 - 30 buzzards thermaling over the runway.

He didn't even wiggle the control stick, have me turn on the electronics, start the engine, or anything else. Kind of a disappointment but it was what I had expected. Our EAA chapter 309 has such a good reputation with the local FISDO that if it is signed off by one of our tech inspectors, they won't look at the plane. However, you present a plane that hasn't been through the EAA tech inspection process and they could be there all day.

Needless to say, our tech inspectors are tough!!!

Last night I flew another hour in a friends -6 to brush up on my TW time as the Decathlon I had been flying to stay current was sold a year and a half ago so I was bit rusty. After four hours in the -6, I'm ready for my first flight.

Stand by for a first flight report.

Bill

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dhusk(at)webxetra.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Repucci Inspection Reply with quote

Looking forward to your first flight report. Fly safe.

Darryl

From: owner-rv9-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv9-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill Repucci
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 2:05 PM
To: rv9-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RE: Repucci Inspection

Logan,

Thanks for the note.

I had the inspection this morning and the FAA guy, not a DAR, spent all of 20 minutes looking it over, collecting paper works, and watching 20 - 30 buzzards thermaling over the runway.

He didn't even wiggle the control stick, have me turn on the electronics, start the engine, or anything else. Kind of a disappointment but it was what I had expected. Our EAA chapter 309 has such a good reputation with the local FISDO that if it is signed off by one of our tech inspectors, they won't look at the plane. However, you present a plane that hasn't been through the EAA tech inspection process and they could be there all day.

Last night I flew another hour in a friends -6 to brush up on my TW time as the Decathlon I had been flying to stay current was sold a year and a half ago so I was bit rusty. After four hours in the -6, I'm ready for my first flight.

Bill

--

Bret Smith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Repucci Inspection Reply with quote

Bill called me at 11:30 and said he passed inspection with no squawks! Unfortunately, he has to now wait for Nora to get back from her vacation before he can fly! I'm sure Bill will elaborate shortly.

Bret Smith
RV-9A "Fuselage"
Blue Ridge, GA
www.FlightInnovations.com
[quote] ---

mike(at)learningplanet.co

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Repucci Inspection Reply with quote

Congrats Bill. Good luck on the first flight.
Regards,
Mike Schipper
www.my9a.com
www.rvten.com

do not archive

On Aug 1, 2007, at 1:04 PM, Bill Repucci wrote:
Quote:
Logan,

Thanks for the note.

He didn't even wiggle the control stick, have me turn on the electronics, start the engine, or anything else.  Kind of a disappointment but it was what I had expected.  Our EAA chapter 309 has such a good reputation with the local FISDO that if it is signed off by one of our tech inspectors, they won't look at the plane.  However, you present a plane that hasn't been through the EAA tech inspection process and they could be there all day.

Last night I flew another hour in a friends -6 to brush up on my TW time as the Decathlon I had been flying to stay current was sold a year and a half ago so I was bit rusty.  After four hours in the -6, I'm ready for my first flight.

Bill

bill(at)repucci.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Repucci Inspection Reply with quote

I MUST wait for Nora to return. Heck, she pounded or bucked at least 1/3 of all the rivets in this thing AND she was the one who was crawling up in the foot well to buck the top skin, connect the vent lines and do some other miscellaneous things that I couldn't get in there to do.

These are my two favorite pictures of her helping:
About to start inventorying the fuselage:
http://www.repucci.com/bill/fuselage/nora%20helping%20invenentory%20the%20fuselage.JPG

and about to be buried in fuselage packing material:
http://www.repucci.com/bill/fuselage/almost%20finished.JPG

BTW, it is a disappointment to me that the FAA won't allow N-numbers to start with zero. It would be so so cool to have "N0RA" as my number!

Bill

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: