Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JabiruEngine-kitfox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayberg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: JabiruEngine-kitfox Reply with quote

In a message dated 7/13/2007 11:15:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jimlc(at)att.net writes:
Quote:

I just ordered some parts from Jabiru USA and I followed up the order with an email listing once again my needs.  Such verbal orders are often forgotten and I know that this follow up email is likely to help Jabiru USA do their job.

Great idea.

While USA Jabiru has a couple folks to answer the phone, I remember taking a couple phone calls while out in the hangar in the middle of something...then forgetting all about it. The worst seems to be the simplest. The caller askes for a simple item, usually a freebe, and it is all so simple it is easily forgotten.

I am also a bit curious about putting a Jab 3300 in a Kitfox!!! What prompted that?....it is a lotta engine in a small plane.

Doug Koenigsberg

Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
jimlc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: JabiruEngine-kitfox Reply with quote

The Kitfox is a Series 5. The Series 5,6, and 7 are set up for larger engine packages. Typical higher HP engines supported are the IO240, and the turbo charged Rotax. Mine is replacing a NSI turbo charged EA81 Subaru which was supposed to be over 135 HP. I fly out of FNL at 5,000 ft elevation in Colorado. The Jabiru 3300 is lighter while still providing good HP. I have high hopes for it. For Kitfox models 1 through 4, the Jabiru 2200 is a better match and several are flying with it.

After reading the emails on the thread that followed the one I replied to, I thought mine was a bit of piling on and a bit preachy. I do still think that as real buyers, we play a large part in out own satisfaction. I try to help sellers satisfy my needs. After a life of selling, I know how easy it is to screw up. I'm looking for a satisfying purchase, not to test the perfection of the sellers operation. It usually works for me.

Jim Crowder
[quote] --

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Rhino

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: JabiruEngine-kitfox Reply with quote

Jim,

Keep us abreast on how that goes. I'm looking to put a 3300 into a Kitfox Super Sport as well.

BobsV35B(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: JabiruEngine-kitfox Reply with quote

In a message dated 8/4/2007 7:59:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time, bsimmons(at)rainbowdata.com writes:
Quote:
Jim,

Keep us abreast on how that goes. I'm looking to put a 3300 into a Kitfox Super Sport as well.

Good Morning bsimmons (Rhino?),

Sure would be helpful to us dummies if you could include a snippet of the message to which you are responding. Kinda hard to see what is happening without it!

Happy Skies,

Old Bob
AKA
Bob Siegfried
Ancient Aviator
Stearman N3977A
Brookeridge Air Park LL22
Downers Grove, IL 60516
630 985-8503

Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.
[quote][b]

Rhino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: JabiruEngine-kitfox Reply with quote

[quote="BobsV35B(at)aol.com"]In a message dated 8/4/2007 7:59:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time, bsimmons(at)rainbowdata.com writes:
Quote:
Jim,

Good Morning bsimmons (Rhino?),

Sure would be helpful to us dummies if you could include a snippet of the message to which you are responding. Kinda hard to see what is happening without it!

Happy Skies,

Old Bob
AKA
Bob Siegfried
Ancient Aviator
Stearman N3977A
Downers Grove, IL 60516
630 985-8503

Quote:
[b]

Sorry. I didn't respond via e-mail. I did it via the online forum, so it didn't include the original message in my post. That's one of the weird things about running a mail list that is also a forum. Online forums don't typically include the original message unless you click the "quote" button. I can do that if that's what everyone wants, but it's a habit I'll have to get used to I guess.

BobsV35B(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: JabiruEngine-kitfox Reply with quote

Good Morning B,
I guess it is really my fault for not realizing there IS a forum. Sorry about that.

Could it be that I am in the wrong place to find out more about the Jabiru Engine?

Happy Skies,

Old Bob
AKA
Bob Siegfried
Ancient Aviator
Stearman N3977A
Downers Grove, IL 60516
630 985-8503

In a message dated 8/10/2007 10:30:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time, bsimmons(at)rainbowdata.com writes:
Quote:
Sorry. I didn't respond via e-mail. I did it via the online forum, so it didn't include the original message in my post. That's one of the weird things about running a mail list that is also a forum. Online forums don't typically include the original message unless you click the "quote" button. I can do that if that's what everyone wants, but it's a habit I'll have to get used to I guess.

Rhino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: JabiruEngine-kitfox Reply with quote

BobsV35B(at)aol.com wrote:
Good Morning B,
I guess it is really my fault for not realizing there IS a forum. Sorry about that.

Could it be that I am in the wrong place to find out more about the Jabiru Engine?
I think it's the right place. It's just apparently not common knowledge that there are two ways to post here, and they operate a little differently. You are technically correct though. The FAQ does say to quote some small snippet from the post you are replying to, in order to preserve continuity. My mistake was due to the fact that I post in online forums all the time, that do not have a 'post by e-mail list' capability. So I'm just not in the habit of clicking the "Quote" button with every post. I'll try to do better though.

You can see all of the Matronics online forums, including this one, by going here:
http://forums.matronics.com/index.php

The online address for this particular forum is http://forums.matronics.com/viewforum.php?f=29.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: