Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

right ignition failure when hot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocclobster(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: right ignition failure when hot Reply with quote

Hello,

This is my first posting on this list. The engine is a Jabiru 3300. This is not my aircraft. I am preparing it for sale for my friend's widow.

When flying the Zenith Zodiac 601 XL today I found that the right ignition was dead when I was performing the pre-shutdown tests. It was fine when I performed the run-up.

I waited about 30 minutes, tested it again and it worked fine. All wiring is intact and in pristine condition. The ignition switch is functioning properly. I went for another 30 minute flight and once again found that the right ignition was dead when performing the pre-shutdown testing. After another 30 minutes it was functioning again. I have flown the aircraft 25 hours recently and this is the only problem that I have experienced.

Could this be a coil problem, breaking down when heated? Is it more likely the transitorized ignition system?

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colin Noseworthy

[quote][b]

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
jetboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: right ignition failure when hot Reply with quote

Colin,

Its very likely the coil, this problem had been occuring to earlier coils, have not heard much trouble since the 'leading GX' coils were replaced with the 'TEK' ones some time ago. Also there should be fitted or retrofitted some heat insulating washers under the coils and air cooling tubes to cool the coils, details in the installation instructions on dealers websites, or in the series of articles called 'jaba chat' off the jabiru website. The 'transistorised' parts are inside the coil packs, just bolt in a replacement coil.

Ralph

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: