Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oil system diagram Jab 2200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidflyer01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: oil system diagram Jab 2200 Reply with quote

hi folks does anyone happen to have a drawing representing the oil
system of the hyd tappets version of Jabiru 2200? How the main oil gallery splits into tappets and head supply? I have seen one
somewhere but don't remember where.
if possible, you could email me directly vegayacht -.-club.fr
martin

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
Andy Silvester

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: oil system diagram Jab 2200 Reply with quote

I'm not sure if there is an oil circuit diagram for the hydraulic tappets; Jabiru's latest I&M manual has the same drawing as before, and the lifters aren't shown. However, I can tell you they are fed directly from the main oil gallery through the case to the bearings. Hope this helps.

Andy
Suncoast Sportplanes Inc.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

craig(at)craigandjean.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: oil system diagram Jab 2200 Reply with quote

Quote:
hi folks does anyone happen to have a drawing representing the oil system
of the hyd tappets version of Jabiru 2200?

I think what you want is on page 92 of revision 3 of the "Instruction &
Maintenance Manual - Hydraulic Valve Lifter Models", "Figure 38. Oil System
Schematic"

http://www.jabirupacific.com/pdf/2200ManualHyd.pdf

-- Craig

avidflyer01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: oil system diagram Jab 2200 Reply with quote

[ However, I can tell you they are fed directly from the main oil gallery through the case to the bearings. Hope this helps.
Andy
Suncoast Sportplanes Inc.[/quote]

thank you Andy,
if I understand correctly, (as the main gallery runs on the left side of the engine case), the first to get oil is exhaust tappet (head N°2), then the intake tappet (head N° 2), then the lube tube that brings oil to rockers, then intake tappet (N°4) and then exhaust tappet (N°4).
QUESTION: IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IN SOME WAY TAPPETS DIMINISH THE QUANTITY OF OIL DELIVERED TO ROCKERS????? I get much less oil in rocker boxes than other Jabs2200.....
From what I understand, the brass fitting (from which starts the lube tube to left rocker boxes) has a 2mm hole looking up, and which meets, once the fitting is inserted into its recess, what is probably the main oil gallery feed. Correct?
That same recess has another hole at its bottom (looking towards the center of the case) thru which some oil (which didn't go up the left rocker lube tube but leaked around the brass fitting) can go - I suppose this carries oil to the right side rocker lube tube and tappets? correct?
how is the oil then distributed?
thank you Andy for taking a few minutes to explain.
martin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: