Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing aux fuel tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VHMUM(at)bigpond.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

Chris can you tell us about the fuel tank.

Chris 388
[quote] ---

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Tdawson(at)avidyne.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

Do not archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Chris , Susie Darcy
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:48 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Installing aux fuel tank

Chris 388
[quote]
---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

LloydDR(at)wernerco.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

Why would you think a conversation on auxiliary fuel tanks need not be in the archive? From what I understand this list is setup to share ideas and tips on building an RV10, and I would be very interested in extending the fuel range by having a removable aux tank in the passenger area. Yes, I would look in the archives first to not ask the same questions multiple times, but by using the DNA this will never get in there, depending on which email he replies too.
Most times I would agree, but in this case I think it is a valuable discussion.
Just my .02
Dan Lloyd

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Tim Dawson-Townsend
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:53 PM
Subject: RE: Installing aux fuel tank

Do not archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Chris , Susie Darcy

Chris 388
[quote]
---

Tdawson(at)avidyne.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

Chris’ answer will be interesting to archive when he gives it, but what’s the point of archiving a message that says,

“Chris can you tell us about the fuel tank.”

TDT

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Lloyd, Daniel R.
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:27 PM

Why would you think a conversation on auxiliary fuel tanks need not be in the archive? From what I understand this list is setup to share ideas and tips on building an RV10, and I would be very interested in extending the fuel range by having a removable aux tank in the passenger area. Yes, I would look in the archives first to not ask the same questions multiple times, but by using the DNA this will never get in there, depending on which email he replies too.
Just my .02
Dan Lloyd

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Tim Dawson-Townsend
Do not archive

Chris 388
[quote]
---

jjessen(at)rcn.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

Actually, this allows me to ask a question that is probably answerable if I took the time to go look it up on the Matronics rules page. 

If Do Not Archive is in a post, anywhere in a post, does that post then not get archived?  If so, then I agree with Dan, otherwise, I agree with Tim.  This is not quite like Tevya, where they are both right but can't both be right, but it's close.  Now, pardon me, I must go out to the Barn and fix my Wagon. 

dO nOt ArchiVE

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:35 PM

Chris’ answer will be interesting to archive when he gives it, but what’s the point of archiving a message that says,

TDT

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Lloyd, Daniel R.
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:27 PM

Just my .02
Dan Lloyd

Do not archive

Chris 388
[quote]
---

schmoboy(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

ANYWHERE in the post.

"do not archive" not needed here, cause it's included a few times below
already.

-Sean #40303 (bottom wing skins)

John Jessen wrote:
[quote] Actually, this allows me to ask a question that is probably answerable
if I took the time to go look it up on the Matronics rules page.
If Do Not Archive is in a post, anywhere in a post, does that post
then not get archived? If so, then I agree with Dan, otherwise, I
agree with Tim. This is not quite like Tevya, where they are both
right but can't both be right, but it's close. Now, pardon me, I must
go out to the Barn and fix my Wagon.
dO nOt ArchiVE

------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] *On Behalf Of *Tim
Dawson-Townsend
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:35 PM
*To:* rv10-list(at)matronics.com
*Subject:* RE: Installing aux fuel tank

Chris’ answer will be interesting to archive when he gives it, but
what’s the point of archiving a message that says,

TDT

[mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] *On Behalf Of *Lloyd,
Daniel R.
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:27 PM

Why would you think a conversation on auxiliary fuel tanks need not be
in the archive? From what I understand this list is setup to share
ideas and tips on building an RV10, and I would be very interested in
extending the fuel range by having a removable aux tank in the
passenger area. Yes, I would look in the archives first to not ask the
same questions multiple times, but by using the DNA this will never
get in there, depending on which email he replies too.

Most times I would agree, but in this case I think it is a valuable
discussion.

Just my .02

Dan Lloyd

[mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] *On Behalf Of *Tim
Dawson-Townsend
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:53 PM

Do not archive

[mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] *On Behalf Of *Chris ,
Susie Darcy
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:48 PM
*Subject:* Installing aux fuel tank

Chris 388

---

johnwcox(at)pacificnw.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

The idea of an archive is of great value, only if the readers use it First.  We are getting lots of repeat questions (with answers waiting quietly in the Archive) recently from individuals who were not privy back a year ago.  If they don’t look for it the archive first,  value is NOT.  Much of what is said does not need to be filed into perpetuity. Some people are lazy, others just want it permanently recorded.  I support Tim.  Hence.

Do Not Archive

John

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John Jessen
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:49 PM

Actually, this allows me to ask a question that is probably answerable if I took the time to go look it up on the Matronics rules page. 

If Do Not Archive is in a post, anywhere in a post, does that post then not get archived?  If so, then I agree with Dan, otherwise, I agree with Tim.  This is not quite like Tevya, where they are both right but can't both be right, but it's close.  Now, pardon me, I must go out to the Barn and fix my Wagon. 

dO nOt ArchiVE

TDT

VHMUM(at)bigpond.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

Chris H  has a quick build and is installing Aux fuel tank.......I searched the archive and nothing about his instalation that I could find ???  Lots of people talk but some are doing thats why I asked Chris H.
So my Question stands ......Sooks please press delete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris 388
[quote] ---

LloydDR(at)wernerco.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

Before this goes off the deep end, it is not about support. I happen to agree with Tim, the question does not need to be there, but if do not archive appears anywhere in the email stream then the message does not get in there, and my point was that it might be worth an extra 11 thousand 1's and 0's to be stored if the responder clicks on the wrong message and does not get in there. But by posting do not archive after wards and not in the original message then not only are we wasting the storage space of the original message, but also valuable bandwidth at each of the 1000's of ISP's that we all belong to, to just see a message that says do not archive. There is a monthly reminder that is sent out to each of us with the rules and guidelines, and too waste additional bandwidth sending an email saying do not archive after the archive has already taken place is pointless. So with that being said if we all looked at the rules, then this would be a non issue, 
In this particular case I do believe that the question itself should not be in the archive, but the answer needs to be, and that is all I was referring too.
Dan
Do not archive
Do not archive because it is just the ramblings of a builder in withdrawal during the work day 

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John W. Cox
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:18 PM

The idea of an archive is of great value, only if the readers use it First.  We are getting lots of repeat questions (with answers waiting quietly in the Archive) recently from individuals who were not privy back a year ago.  If they don’t look for it the archive first,  value is NOT.  Much of what is said does not need to be filed into perpetuity. Some people are lazy, others just want it permanently recorded.  I support Tim.  Hence.

Do Not Archive

John

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John Jessen

dO nOt ArchiVE

TDT

Tdawson(at)avidyne.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Installing aux fuel tank Reply with quote

Or as Yoda would say, “Archive do not!”   : )

TDT

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:33 AM

Before this goes off the deep end, it is not about support. I happen to agree with Tim, the question does not need to be there, but if do not archive appears anywhere in the email stream then the message does not get in there, and my point was that it might be worth an extra 11 thousand 1's and 0's to be stored if the responder clicks on the wrong message and does not get in there. But by posting do not archive after wards and not in the original message then not only are we wasting the storage space of the original message, but also valuable bandwidth at each of the 1000's of ISP's that we all belong to, to just see a message that says do not archive. There is a monthly reminder that is sent out to each of us with the rules and guidelines, and too waste additional bandwidth sending an email saying do not archive after the archive has already taken place is pointless. So with that being said if we all looked at the rules, then this would be a non issue, 
In this particular case I do believe that the question itself should not be in the archive, but the answer needs to be, and that is all I was referring too.
Dan
Do not archive
Do not archive because it is just the ramblings of a builder in withdrawal during the work day 

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John W. Cox
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:18 PM

Do Not Archive

John

dO nOt ArchiVE

TDT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: