Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Door Latches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptiller(at)lolacars.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Door Latches Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm working my way through the fuselage build and thought I'd take a look at the doors. I notice that my kit does not contain any DL11F or DL11R push rods (or the earlier DL08F and R) that are supposed to be 10 x 5mm rectangular aluminium section. I do, however, have some aluminium rod of 10mm diameter supplied which has a part number of B1RM and the size of this looks like I could make some push rods out of it!

So, does anyone know what the B1RM material is used for or whether this is supposed to be used for the door latch mechanism? If you do, is it written down anywhere as the online manual still calls for DL11F & R. I can't find any mention of B1RM in the manuals yet it is called for in the packing list.

Thanks,

Phil
Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Trevpond(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Door Latches Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

I'm sure Europa 2004 will have the correct items you are looking for.

regards

Trev Pond
G-LINN
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

budyerly(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Door Latches Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Phil,
BIRM 10mm is the 10 mm rod used for the pushrod construction. 3/8 inch is ok if you goof one up.
When building your pushrods do not cut the flat sided pieces (the end of the rod which attaches to the DL06 shoot bolts) to the final length recommended in the instructions. Leave them as long as you can so you can adjust the bullet end to get good penetration into the fuselage, yet clear the door DL07 shoot bolt guide. It takes me about 1 hour to build all four rods and fit them, so it really isn't that bad of a job. Like most things, "you've gotta' tweak them to work like glass.

If you need any other parts or techniques, call me at the shop,

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations
Europa Dealer USA
www.customflightcreations.com
(813) 653-4989
[quote] ---

ptiller(at)lolacars.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Door Latches Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. I've been correctly informed that the parts I have are pre-mod 67 but all the manuals I have refer to post mod 67.

I actually want to do this mod and so I'll need new pushrods.

At least I know what the aluminium rods are for now!

Phil
Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: