Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Static Dischargers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrick.pulis(at)seagas.c

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Static Dischargers Reply with quote

G'day mates from sunny Australia,
This is my first week on the list and my first post and I've read and learnt a lot awaits me as I progress from my empennage kit.
I have been reading about static discharger wick installations on other RV models and as yet have found no information or references regrading the installation of discharger wicks on 10's.  Is there anyone out there who has or plans to install discharger static wicks on their 10 please, I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts/plans.
Regards
PATRICK PULIS
Builder #40299
Adelaide, South Australia

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
gommone7(at)bellsouth.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Static Dischargers Reply with quote

Quote:
Patrick, go to tim's web page http://www.myrv10.com/ open constructions tips scroll to static discharg.
you will found an schematic for it

do not archive
Hugo
Quote:
Date: 2006/02/20 Mon PM 06:03:22 EST
To: <rv10-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Static Dischargers

This is my first week on the list and my first post and I've read and
learnt a lot awaits me as I progress from my empennage kit.

I have been reading about static discharger wick installations on other
RV models and as yet have found no information or references regrading
the installation of discharger wicks on 10's. Is there anyone out there
who has or plans to install discharger static wicks on their 10 please,
I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts/plans.

Regards

> PATRICK PULIS
>
Builder #40299

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

johnwcox(at)pacificnw.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Static Dischargers Reply with quote

Patrick, thanks for joining the list.  The archives would be a great source including one posters recommendation for discharge placements.

John Cox - KUAO

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Patrick Pulis
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 3:03 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Static Dischargers

This is my first week on the list and my first post and I've read and learnt a lot awaits me as I progress from my empennage kit.
I have been reading about static discharger wick installations on other RV models and as yet have found no information or references regrading the installation of discharger wicks on 10's.  Is there anyone out there who has or plans to install discharger static wicks on their 10 please, I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts/plans.
Regards
PATRICK PULIS
Builder #40299

william(at)gbta.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Static Dischargers Reply with quote

I'm incorporating them on my -10 only because the original builder started with them.  I've got one on the top of the rudder, one towards the outboard tip of each elevator and probably a couple per aileron.  Not sure if the flaps will have any yet or not.  The wicks I have are easily removeable with just 2 small bolts so I'll probably leave them off most of the time so as to save my eyes a few pokings.  Also, don't forget that you should probably use bonding straps on your hinges also.

Bill Britton
RV-10 Tailcone
[quote] ---

rick.conti(at)boeing.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Static Dischargers Reply with quote

What’s the consensus for the builders?  Static wicks or not?  Can they be added relatively easy later on?  I have been told the F-16 uses a conductive adhesive.

Do Not Archive

Thank You
Rick Conti
office: 703-414-6141
   cell: 571-215-6134

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: Static Dischargers

I'm incorporating them on my -10 only because the original builder started with them.  I've got one on the top of the rudder, one towards the outboard tip of each elevator and probably a couple per aileron.  Not sure if the flaps will have any yet or not.  The wicks I have are easily removeable with just 2 small bolts so I'll probably leave them off most of the time so as to save my eyes a few pokings.  Also, don't forget that you should probably use bonding straps on your hinges also.

Bill Britton

RV-10 Tailcone

[quote]
---

johnwcox(at)pacificnw.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Static Dischargers Reply with quote

Conductive paints help a lot on composite skins like radomes and leading edge wing surfaces.  With metal aircraft the dissipation is best done with wicks.

Will be using them on trailing edges.  YES, and they will be removable for static display at Airshows.

John $00.02
Do Not Archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Conti, Rick
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:16 AM
Subject: RE: Static Dischargers

What’s the consensus for the builders?  Static wicks or not?  Can they be added relatively easy later on?  I have been told the F-16 uses a conductive adhesive.

Do Not Archive

Thank You
Rick Conti
office: 703-414-6141
   cell: 571-215-6134

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: Static Dischargers

Bill Britton

RV-10 Tailcone

[quote]
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: