Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N6168X regretably for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Tailwind-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tailwindnut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: N6168X regretably for sale Reply with quote

Jim Clement built clip-wing tailwind for sale. This is the tailwind that was evaluated by the CAFE foundation and Jim says this is the best one he's ever built. The aircraft is still in excellent condition and turns heads at any fly-in. It has approx. 130 hrs since major overhaul by Barrett Performance engines ( $17000 ) including balancing all assemblies, flow matching all cylinders, helicopter pistons (higher compression) and a performance grind on the camshaft. It dynoed at 177.9 hp when brand new. It has a Jeff Rose direct fire ignition on one side and a new slick mag with impulse on the other. It also has an 8 row oil cooler (I have to run winter fronts in the summer) and has an Airwolf spin on filter kit. Avionics are a King KX155 com, king transponder and a Garmin 196 GPS which is panel mounted. Also a PM stereo intercom with IPOD input. Will be sold with new tires, Brakes and a fresh condition inspection. Includes two Catto Props. I really don't want to sell it but I bought a Howard DGA-15 and need the room in the hanger. Cruises (at) 200 mph with 9 gph fuel burn.
Contact Jim Bohlander (at) 815-222-9639 or jbohlander(at)eagleaircraft.us. Asking 70k but open to offers. Compare to an RV-6 with less baggage space and slower but more money.

- The Matronics Tailwind-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Tailwind-List

Mytyweav(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: N6168X regretably for sale Reply with quote

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I love that plane........ How much total time JB?

tailwindnut wrote:
Quote:

Jim Clement built clip-wing tailwind for sale. This is the tailwind that was evaluated by the CAFE foundation and Jim says this is the best one he's ever built. The aircraft is still in excellent condition and turns heads at any fly-in. It has approx. 130 hrs since major overhaul by Barrett Performance engines ( $17000 ) including balancing all assemblies, flow matching all cylinders, helicopter pistons (higher compression) and a performance grind on the camshaft. It dynoed at 177.9 hp when brand new. It has a Jeff Rose direct fire ignition on one side and a new slick mag with impulse on the other. It also has an 8 row oil cooler (I have to run winter fronts in the summer) and has an Airwolf spin on filter kit. Avionics are a King KX155 com, king transponder and a Garmin 196 GPS which is panel mounted. Also a PM stereo intercom with IPOD input. Will be sold with new tires, Brakes and a fresh condition inspection. Includes two Catto Props. I really don't want to sell it but!
I bought a Howard DGA-15 and need the room in the hanger. Cruises (at) 200 mph with 9 gph fuel burn.
Contact Jim Bohlander (at) 815-222-9639 or jbohlander(at)eagleaircraft.us. Asking 70k but open to offers. Compare to an RV-6 with less baggage space and slower but more money.

--------
Owner of W-10 N6168X

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=149977#149977

- The Matronics Tailwind-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Tailwind-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Tailwind-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: