Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nosewheel pant brackets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Nosewheel pant brackets Reply with quote

Folks,

I'm trying to verify if the original "two brackets per side" have been replaced by a single bracket per side (U-713C-L and U-713C-R). It should be held on by a single 3/8"x24x3/4" allen screw with washer/lockwasher on each side and hooks around the axel bolt. My understanding is that the new brackets allow easier maintenance without disassembling the nosewheel to fork assembly.

Are there other parts in this assembly? My earlier kit does not have the newer parts and I would like to do things easier. I think drawing C2 has probably been updated too......

Thanks in advance,
Ralph Capen

- The Matronics RV6-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV6-List
bertrv6(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Nosewheel pant brackets Reply with quote

On 12/11/07, Ralph E. Capen <recapen(at)earthlink.net> wrote:
Quote:

Folks,

I'm trying to verify if the original "two brackets per side" have been replaced by a single bracket per side (U-713C-L and U-713C-R). It should be held on by a single 3/8"x24x3/4" allen screw with washer/lockwasher on each side and hooks around the axel bolt. My understanding is that the new brackets allow easier maintenance without disassembling the nosewheel to fork assembly.

Are there other parts in this assembly? My earlier kit does not have the newer parts and I would like to do things easier. I think drawing C2 has probably been updated too......

Thanks in advance,
Ralph Capen

Rasph:

Quote:

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

bertrv6(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Nosewheel pant brackets Reply with quote

On 12/11/07, Bert Murillo <bertrv6(at)gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
On 12/11/07, Ralph E. Capen <recapen(at)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>
> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to verify if the original "two brackets per side" have been replaced by a single bracket per side (U-713C-L and U-713C-R). It should be held on by a single 3/8"x24x3/4" allen screw with washer/lockwasher on each side and hooks around the axel bolt. My understanding is that the new brackets allow easier maintenance without disassembling the nosewheel to fork assembly.
>
> Are there other parts in this assembly? My earlier kit does not have the newer parts and I would like to do things easier. I think drawing C2 has probably been updated too......
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ralph Capen
>
> Ralph:

>
> _-I don't think that will be only one bracket. I have an rv6a, and
there are twoo brackets, on each side for the nose gear.

The mains are one ob each side right?, and then is connection
with nut plates to the break bracket... so in reality you have two and
two connections each side...I cannot imagin only one bracket..

It is a lot of strees there.. The nose gear, better be reinforce with fiberglass
or a piece of aluminum....I see a lot of people, find the brackets
completely, cracked, after 5o hrs or so....

Specially landing on grass strips.. that is where the stress and
vibration is the most pronounced...

I hope this will help

Bert

rv6a

do not archive

============================================================
Quote:
>
>
>
>

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Nosewheel pant brackets Reply with quote

Bert,

My mains are one bracket per side with the inboard one being fairly wide and the outboard one attaching to the wheel nut.

The nose gear 'new' version is also one per side - but larger. Same amount of fasteners - but they are all centered around the axle.

Someone sent me the nosegear SB FAQ's.

I too am worried about grass strips........I'm based at one.

Thanks,
Ralph

--

ronlee(at)pcisys.net

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Nosewheel pant brackets Reply with quote

It is ONE bracket per side. Each bracket has four "tabs"
that are attached to the aft nose wheelpant. I had to use
flox to fill gaps and used #8 nutplates/screws to attach the
tabs to the wheelpant

Ron Lee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: