Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tip up canopy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Brunke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: tip up canopy Reply with quote

Dear Listers,

Looking for words of wisdom on installing the tip canopy pistons. It seems relatively straight foward, but I've been wrong
before.

Are the measurements in the drawings accurate?

Also, the instructions that came with the pistons mention using foam and fiberglass to increase the rigidity of the
side rails. Has anyone done this and did you notice a difference.

Thanks in advance,

John Brunke
RV7- tip up almost tipping up.

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV6-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV6-List
kbob(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: tip up canopy Reply with quote

I put the pistons in the stock location and it works well. Couple tips:
Buy the canopy frame stiffening kit from Vans and forget about the foam and glass. It rivets to the forward portion and really does the trick. Standard on the new kits - should be with your -7?.
Plan on trimming a lot of the canopy frame where it passes over the instrument panel. There is not a lot of clearance there. I also trimmed the .75 angle top stiffener edge of the instrument panel to get adequate clearance.
The pistons will push the canopy forward about .125" and it will bind with the fuselage skin ahead. Make the final trimming with the pistons on to get the fit right.
The piston supports are a bear to get the nuts started on the back side. I don't know an easy way.
Have fun with it!

Kelly Patterson
N716K RV-6A
PHX, AZ

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

John Brunke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: tip up canopy Reply with quote

Thanks Kelly,

I have the canopy frame stiffening kit.

John
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: