Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annual Condition Inspection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Walker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Annual Condition Inspection Reply with quote

701-ers,

I started my annual today and found a couple of things that might be of interest to you. Actually, I found one of them a week ago, but started working on it today.

Landing Gear.

1. 7L2-2A RUBBER SPACER. - Attaching a picture. You might want to include this in your inspection. This is our third rubber spacer. I think I'm going to find a 6-ply radial tire and cut me a length of material to support the gear.

2. 79-SB Rotax engine Radiator mount.

Obviously I did not have the needed radius for the bend in this mount. I am fabricating a new mount with the required 1/8 " radius.

Hope this helps,

Tommy Walker in Alabama

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List

79-SB.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.53 KB
 Viewed:  304 Time(s)

79-SB.JPG

7L2-2A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.41 KB
 Viewed:  293 Time(s)

7L2-2A.jpg

NYTerminat(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Annual Condition Inspection Reply with quote

Tommy,

I just replaced mine with pieces I cut out of a truck tire, this has been my 3rd time with pieces of rubber. I hoe this will be the final solution.

Bob Spudis
N701ZX/ 912S/ 160hrs many landings

In a message dated 8/25/2008 4:11:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, twalker(at)cableone.net writes:
Quote:
701-ers,

I started my annual today and found a couple of things that might be of interest to you. Actually, I found one of them a week ago, but started working on it today.

Landing Gear.

1. 7L2-2A RUBBER SPACER. - Attaching a picture. You might want to include this in your inspection. This is our third rubber spacer.  I think I'm going to find a 6-ply radial tire and cut me a length of material to support the gear.

2. 79-SB Rotax engine Radiator mount.

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Tommy Walker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Condition Inspection Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
I am going to find a good tuff truck tire and cut me out a couple of pieces of material.
What did you cut the rubber with?
Was it a steel belted radial?

Tommy
NYTerminat(at)aol.com wrote:
Tommy,

I just replaced mine with pieces I cut out of a truck tire, this has been my 3rd time with pieces of rubber. I hoe this will be the final solution.

Bob Spudis
N701ZX/ 912S/ 160hrs many landings

Joemotis(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Annual Condition Inspection Reply with quote

A sabre saw with a medium blade works quite well, although the pieces that I was cutting (roughly 4"X 4") were used as buffers on a Catapult to launch melons!!! A piece of plywood backing secured through the sidewall with drywall screws will allow a lot more creativity in your shape/design, though.
(Cutting through both at the same time and being patient)

Joe Motis

No Archivos Hombre

[quote][b]

NYTerminat(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Annual Condition Inspection Reply with quote

Tommy,
Yes it was a steel belted tire, used a sawzall to get the chunk of tire apart ad then used my bandsaw to cut to size and shape. Thanks for your reporting on the subject.

Bob

In a message dated 8/26/2008 6:15:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, twalker(at)cableone.net writes:
Quote:

Hi Bob,
I am going to find a good tuff truck tire and cut me out a couple of pieces of material.
What did you cut the rubber with?
Was it a steel belted radial?

Tommy

[quote][b]

beachyjeff(at)juno.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Annual Condition Inspection Reply with quote

On the advice of a fellow builder, I went to the nearest Caterpillar heavy equipment dealer and bought a short section of heavy hydrolic hose, which I cut in half lengthwise. I then cut pieces to fit the landing gear bracket. 138 hours later they haven't slipped out or worn through. The curve of the hose helps keep them in place.

Jeff Beachy

> Tommy,
>
> I just replaced mine with pieces I cut out of a truck tire, this has been my
3rd time with pieces of rubber. I hoe this will be the final solution.
>
> Bob Spudis
> N701ZX/ 912S/ 160hrs many landings

cffd(at)pgrb.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Annual Condition Inspection Reply with quote

Tommy,

I sliced open large diameter auto heater hose and made landing gear spacers,
for top and bottom of gear.
They have been in place a couple of years and no signs of deterioration.

Chuck D.
N701TX
Jab 2200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: