Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flap gap fairing attachment on QB wings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfrjr(at)adelphia.net

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: flap gap fairing attachment on QB wings Reply with quote

The QB wings, at least mine, came with the inboard lower skin (W-1004 L & R) riveted in place.  Makes it a little hard to run the conduits for the wiring but makes it impossible to attach the flap fairing to the rear spar, at least using the rivets called for in the plans. Damn!!!  What do I do?  Remove the skin or use pop rivets?     Jay Rowe #40301

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
rv10es(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: flap gap fairing attachment on QB wings Reply with quote

I have not attached my wings yet so i cannot answer the second part of your question.  As to running wires, I did not use a conduit but I am still able to run wires along the entire length of the wing with ALL the skins riveted.  I can accomplish this by removing the access plates and reaching inside the wing to run the wires - no sweat!  You do not need to fret this part.
Do not archive

rob kermanj
rv10es(at)earthlink.net (rv10es(at)earthlink.net)

On Mar 15, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Jay Rowe wrote:
Quote:
The QB wings, at least mine, came with the inboard lower skin (W-1004 L & R) riveted in place.  Makes it a little hard to run the conduits for the wiring but makes it impossible to attach the flap fairing to the rear spar, at least using the rivets called for in the plans. Damn!!!  What do I do?  Remove the skin or use pop rivets?     Jay Rowe #40301

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ichelva(at)netspace.net.a

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: flap gap fairing attachment on QB wings Reply with quote

Most of the rivets can be solid ones, especially if you have a flexible bucking partner! Approx 10 were pop rivets, from memory. Should not be a structural issue.

Regarding conduit in QB wings - I plan to fabricate a 12 inch extension for a hole cutter - this way the snap bushing holes under the W-1004 can be enlarged

Indran Chelvanayagam

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jay Rowe
Sent: Thursday, 16 March 2006 5:30 AM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: flap gap fairing attachment on QB wings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: