Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wires in the tunnel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coop85(at)bellsouth.net

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Wires in the tunnel Reply with quote

The antenna spacing thread got me thinking about wiring again.  I know people are concerned (rightfully so) about running wires in the tunnel in an effort to avoid any potential conflict with the controls.  I was wondering though, if you tied the wiring to the heater hose it would keep it all safe and secure, well away from the controls.  Any snags with this train of though?

Thanks,
Marcus

Do Not Archive

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
rv10es(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Wires in the tunnel Reply with quote

If you ever have to trouble shoot fuel leaks or clean your fuel filter, it might be a mess to remove the heater hoses for access.  I tied mine to the fuel vent line.  I wish that I have a better solution for it.
Do not archive.
rob kermanj
rv10es(at)earthlink.net (rv10es(at)earthlink.net)

On Mar 16, 2006, at 9:31 PM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
Quote:

The antenna spacing thread got me thinking about wiring again.  I know people are concerned (rightfully so) about running wires in the tunnel in an effort to avoid any potential conflict with the controls.  I was wondering though, if you tied the wiring to the heater hose it would keep it all safe and secure, well away from the controls.  Any snags with this train of though? 

Thanks,
Marcus

Do Not Archive 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jesse(at)itecusa.org

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Wires in the tunnel Reply with quote

If you had a good way to hold them in place, out of the way of the controls, there shouldn’t be any reason that wouldn’t work.  The main problem is that you have the pushrods and the rudder cables in there.  The rods move up and down and the rudder cables may have some slack in them from time to time, especially when the plane is not flying, and you don’t want that to rub your cables.  We are trying to avoid the tunnel as much as possible.

Do not archive

Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
jesse(at)itecusa.org (jesse(at)itecusa.org)
www.itecusa.org

I'm in Ecuador right now and should be back in the country by the end of May.  You may call me at 352-505-1899 and leave a message that I can check from down here.  Any I-TEC questions can be directed to the I-TEC office at 352-465-4545.

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Marcus Cooper
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:32 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Wires in the tunnel

Thanks,
Marcus

Do Not Archive

dlm46007(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Wires in the tunnel Reply with quote

The only required wires in the tunnel are floscan, boost pump and flaps; the rest of the wiring should probably go down the sides where sufficient lightening holes already exist. Also, fastening the wiring to the aft heater hose may not be a good idea given that the hose will get hot and eventually make the wiring insulation brittle. I would not want potential shorts in areas that have flammable liquids in the lines.
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: