Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inspection camera
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrspudandcompany(at)veriz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

Just got my HF flier today. The sale is good until July 6. See attachment!

Roger

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

Harbor_Freight.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Harbor_Freight.pdf
 Filesize:  72.26 KB
 Downloaded:  379 Time(s)

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

I picked up one today too for $99. Haven't tried it out
yet. It looks like the camera may just fit inside the larger
spark plug holes...has anyone verified this? Also, if anyone
hears of the smaller camera for sure working with this model,
and finds a great price on it, I'd consider buying one as
well. Right now I have no use for the whole darn thing, but
I have a really hard time passing up on cool tool that
you may find very helpful some day.

Tim Olson - RV-10 N104CD
do not archive
ROGER & JEAN CURTIS wrote:
Quote:

Roger

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

trigo(at)mail.telepac.pt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

Can somebody please explain why is it advertised “Wireless Inspection Camera” and it comes with “3 ft flexible extended tube” ?

Carlos

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of ROGER & JEAN CURTIS
Sent: quarta-feira, 17 de Junho de 2009 17:53
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: FW: Inspection camera

Roger

[quote][b]

trigo(at)mail.telepac.pt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

Can somebody please explain why is it advertised “Wireless Inspection Camera” and it comes with “3 ft flexible extended tube” ?
Is the “wireless” referring to the (battery) power only?

Carlos

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of ROGER & JEAN CURTIS

Roger

[quote][b]

skywagon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

Roger,
It would be nice if you scanned the sale page to also include the "date" that it is good. That way folks that do not get the ad can take your scanned copy, with current date, and hustle down to HF and purchase one. I do not know if all HF outlets carry the same sales. But, they would probably honor a sale print out.
David

[quote] ---

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

Quote:

Carlos

This is an excerpt from a previous posting by Harley:

The monitor/display is in color, has adjustable brightness (in
Quote:
addition to the LED light source brightness adjustments), contrast and
orientation (rotates the image in four steps) and can be removed
easily from the handle and remoted as it uses a wireless connection to
the camera. It also has a video output. It's cable has a standard
RCA connector on the end so you can input it to any device that will
accept a composite video input for recording or viewing on a larger
screen.

Roger
[quote][b]

gyoung

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

It's battery powered. Older boroscopes needed to be plugged in to drive their hi intensity lights.

Regards,
Greg Young

[quote] From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Carlos Trigo
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:52 PM
Subject: RE: FW: Inspection camera

Carlos

[b]

retasker(at)optonline.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

The extended tube is to get the camera located on the end of the tube
where it is you want to see something - inside a cylinder or other
semi-remote / inaccessible place.

The "wireless" refers to the fact that you don't need an AC extension
cord for power. Additionally, the "wireless" refers to the fact that the
LCD monitor can be separated from the camera assembly so you can place
the monitor somewhere it can be conveniently viewed while manipulating
the camera probe.

Pretty cool for $99!

Dick

Carlos Trig wrote:
Quote:

Can somebody please explain why is it advertised “Wireless Inspection
Camera” and it comes with “3 ft flexible extended tube” ?

Carlos

harley(at)AgelessWings.co

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

Carlos...the monitor slides off and can be viewed without being attached to the handle. No wires. It takes awhile to get used to the fact that to work, the monitor POWER has to be on (I assume that turns on the receiver), the HANDLE has to be on (the transmitter as well as the camera and the light) AND the monitor display has to be turned on.

Maybe that's why they permanently mounted the monitor in later models...without the transmitter and receiver, only need one switch to do it all!

I played with it last night and took the monitor two rooms away from the camera and still had a picture...have no idea how far it can be removed (the instructions say it can be used "in close proximity" to the handle...) but a couple of rooms away allows you to have the monitor close to a tape recorder or computer if you want to save the video you are looking at without having the recording unit in the garage or near the work being examined (it comes with a cable to output the image for recording or storing.)

I saw a big advantage to being able to disconnect the monitor when I was playing around last night. When you are moving the camera by either the flexible cable or the handle, it's a big help to have the monitor standing still in front of you while you maneuver the camera.

It looks like the newer models that Ridgid is still selling under their own name, no longer have that option.

Harley

Carlos Trigo wrote: [quote] v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <![endif]-->

Carlos

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of ROGER & JEAN CURTIS
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)

Roger

Quote:

[b]

trigo(at)mail.telepac.pt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

Harley

Thanks for the complete explanation.
It really looks cool… and not expensive
I wish there were Harbour Freight shops in Europe…

Carlos

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Harley
Sent: quarta-feira, 17 de Junho de 2009 23:21
Subject: Re: FW: Inspection camera

Carlos...the monitor slides off and can be viewed without being attached to the handle. No wires. It takes awhile to get used to the fact that to work, the monitor POWER has to be on (I assume that turns on the receiver), the HANDLE has to be on (the transmitter as well as the camera and the light) AND the monitor display has to be turned on.

Maybe that's why they permanently mounted the monitor in later models...without the transmitter and receiver, only need one switch to do it all!

I played with it last night and took the monitor two rooms away from the camera and still had a picture...have no idea how far it can be removed (the instructions say it can be used "in close proximity" to the handle...) but a couple of rooms away allows you to have the monitor close to a tape recorder or computer if you want to save the video you are looking at without having the recording unit in the garage or near the work being examined (it comes with a cable to output the image for recording or storing.)

I saw a big advantage to being able to disconnect the monitor when I was playing around last night. When you are moving the camera by either the flexible cable or the handle, it's a big help to have the monitor standing still in front of you while you maneuver the camera.

It looks like the newer models that Ridgid is still selling under their own name, no longer have that option.

Harley

Carlos Trigo wrote:

Carlos

[quote][b]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

David,

There is no "sale end date" listed on the page where this ad appears. This is a widely published flyer which is most likely known by all retail stores.

Just print the scanned ad. They will accept it.

Roger
[quote] ---

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

This is not a coupon that you have to have to get the price. It is just an entry in the flyer. Just go to the store and ask for it. I would assume that all stores have the same price on this item. Unfortunately, you do have to go to a store to get one - no web discount. Sad

Dick Tasker

David LLoyd wrote:
Quote:
(at)page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; } P.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } LI.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } DIV.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } A:link { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } A:visited { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.emailstyle17 { FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: windowtext } SPAN.EmailStyle18 { FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: navy } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 } Roger,
It would be nice if you scanned the sale page to also include the "date" that it is good. That way folks that do not get the ad can take your scanned copy, with current date, and hustle down to HF and purchase one. I do not know if all HF outlets carry the same sales. But, they would probably honor a sale print out.
David

--
Quote:
Please Note:
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however,
that a significant number of electrons may have been temporarily inconvenienced.
--

deej(at)deej.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

On 6/17/2009 10:10 PM, Richard E. Tasker wrote:
Quote:
you do have to go to a store to get one - no web discount. Sad

And no store near me... Sad

-Dj

BobsV35B(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

It uses batteries. Ergo --- no power cord!

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

In a message dated 6/17/2009 3:57:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time, trigo(at)mail.telepac.pt writes:
Quote:

Carlos

Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal Everyday!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

I suppose, depending on one's definition of "near", there are stores near me - but the closest is at least an hours drive. Sad

With the price of gas today, I might as well buy online and pay the extra $40. Well, probably not quite, but including time, gas, etc....

Dick

Dj Merrill wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> AeroElectric-List message posted by: Dj Merrill <deej(at)deej.net> (deej(at)deej.net)

On 6/17/2009 10:10 PM, Richard E. Tasker wrote:
Quote:
you do have to go to a store to get one - no web discount. Sad

And no store near me... Sad

-Dj
--
Quote:
Please Note:
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however,
that a significant number of electrons may have been temporarily inconvenienced.
--

skywagon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

Thanks,,,,,
[quote] ---

johnciolino(at)comcast.ne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

You can get the Milwaukee brand of the same inspection camera from Amazon.com for $97.62 with free shipping. (p/n 2300-20) There are 2 versions; this is the AA powered model, a Lithium ion powered model is $200+

John Ciolino

David LLoyd wrote: [quote] (at)page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; } P.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } LI.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } DIV.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } A:link { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } A:visited { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.emailstyle17 { FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: windowtext } SPAN.EmailStyle18 { FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: navy } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 } Thanks,,,,,
Quote:
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:09 PM

David,

There is no "sale end date" listed on the page where this ad appears. This is a widely published flyer which is most likely known by all retail stores.

Roger
Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:56 PM

Roger,
David

Quote:
From: ROGER & JEAN CURTIS (mrspudandcompany(at)verizon.net)
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:53 AM

Roger

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/c

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

harley(at)AgelessWings.co

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

John...

Not quite the same thing...the reviews of the Milwaukee unit are not as good as for the Ridgid one...biggest complaints with this Milwaukee unit is the large camera head (3/4"...a bit bigger than the HF model) and the difficulty of watching the screen while trying to maneuver the camera head...solved with the HF unit by removing the monitor from the handle. There were some complaints about cracks in the plastic case as well.

Also, it doesn't have the ability to record the image, or flip or reverse the image without moving the camera. Also, the handy little tools that come with the HF unit are definitely a plus...a hook, a magnet and a mirror that attach to the camera head. Cheap to add to it, but quite a good idea!

So far, I've found the HF unit to be VERY substantial and well built. Last night, I was playing with it, and recorded a quick look around my computer room...inputting the image into the video capture device I have on the 'puter.

You can see the results here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMcqqQNIg50&feature=channel_page

Harley
John Ciolino wrote: [quote] You can get the Milwaukee brand of the same inspection camera from Amazon.com for $97.62 with free shipping. (p/n 2300-20) There are 2 versions; this is the AA powered model, a Lithium ion powered model is $200+

John Ciolino

David LLoyd wrote:
Quote:
(at)page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; } P.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } LI.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } DIV.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } A:link { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } A:visited { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.emailstyle17 { FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: windowtext } SPAN.EmailStyle18 { FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: navy } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 } Thanks,,,,,
Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:09 PM

David,

Roger
Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:56 PM

Roger,
David

Quote:
From: ROGER & JEAN CURTIS (mrspudandcompany(at)verizon.net)
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:53 AM

Roger

href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/c

href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

[quote]

You can get the Milwaukee brand of the same inspection camera from Amazon.com for $97.62 with free shipping. (p/n 2300-20) There are 2 versions; this is the AA powered model, a Lithium ion powered model is $200+

John Ciolino

They appear to be quite different from the HF unit! Does anyone have a comparison for us??

Roger

[b]

harley(at)agelesswings.co

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Inspection camera Reply with quote

Another day, more testing of this neat little camera! This morning (a very rainy, wet morning here...good day to play inside! <G>), I set it up in my "computer room" (a converted bedroom on the west most end of my house), disconnected the monitor and walked around the house.

I had a steady image until I got about 25 feet away, in the hall to my kitchen, but even then, never totally lost the image in the house. Went out into my attached garage (~60 feet from the camera) and also down into the cellar.

What did happen was that I would start getting a couple of regular horizontal flash-like lines as the signal became weaker...never bothered the readability of the image though. The only time I lost the image altogether was when I went out into my front yard. But it returned immediately if I backed up a couple of feet.

What this all means for me, is that I can set the monitor up to record to the computer in the computer room, and check out things just about anywhere in my house, including the garage and cellar. Of course things may change when I start moving the camera instead of the monitor!

Found another similar device online that uses a separate monitor, and can be recorded directly into the monitor. The V-Snake ( www.privatebrandtools.com/wireless.htm ). But the base unit (without the record function) is $500, and the recording option adds another $400 to the price.

Harley

Harley

Carlos Trigo wrote: [quote] v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <![endif]-->

Carlos

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: