Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rv6a for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertrv09(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: rv6a for sale Reply with quote

Hi:

Need some advice, I recently had an experience I did not expect, I trust people,
maybe I should't from now on?

I had my Rv6a listed, in Barnstormers, and Trade a Plane, for the last two weeks I got
a quite a few responses, and three people were very interested, one in particular assure me he definetely, would buy, after many tel. calls, photos etc.. he said, he would come
to the airport to take a look etc... but he said, tell any body that call you, it is sold..

We met last Wednesday, and yes he brought me a Cashier's check for $1,000 as
he had told me. He look at the plane, we took the cawling etc.., we run the engine
and the rest...

He told me that next week, we would meet again, and that he would have the rest of the
money, he had to get it out of his credit union account..

Everything went fine, the people that called me, two others, I told them the plane was
sold...

Now on Monday morning 9:00 AM got a call, now he said,  changed his maind, he woul
not buy the plane, and wanted his chack back..

I would like to hear some comments from those who have experience in this..

I had two other peopolel that perhaps, would have been serious about it..

Robert

rv6a

do not archive

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV6-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV6-List
Matt Dralle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: rv6a for sale Reply with quote

Sounds typical. My motto is that its *not* sold until the check for the full amount has cleared. I tell perspective buyers that the first person to "show me the money" is the buyer. Until then, its still for sale and I entertain any and all perspective buyers.

Sounds like you just made a thousand bucks... Wink (just kidding).

Matt
At 03:10 PM 9/22/2009 Tuesday, you wrote:
Quote:
Hi:

Need some advice, I recently had an experience I did not expect, I trust people,
maybe I should't from now on?

I had my Rv6a listed, in Barnstormers, and Trade a Plane, for the last two weeks I got
a quite a few responses, and three people were very interested, one in particular assure me he definetely, would buy, after many tel. calls, photos etc.. he said, he would come
to the airport to take a look etc... but he said, tell any body that call you, it is sold..

We met last Wednesday, and yes he brought me a Cashier's check for $1,000 as
he had told me. He look at the plane, we took the cawling etc.., we run the engine
and the rest...

He told me that next week, we would meet again, and that he would have the rest of the
money, he had to get it out of his credit union account..

Everything went fine, the people that called me, two others, I told them the plane was
sold...

Now on Monday morning 9:00 AM got a call, now he said, changed his maind, he woul
not buy the plane, and wanted his chack back..

I would like to hear some comments from those who have experience in this..

I had two other peopolel that perhaps, would have been serious about it..

Robert

rv6a

do not archive

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ceengland(at)bellsouth.ne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: rv6a for sale Reply with quote

Why are you just kidding? The guy paid $1k for an option on a plane. He
didn't exercise the option. Try going to your stock broker & buying an
option on some stock. Then decide not to buy & ask for your option money
back.

Now, if in the last couple of days the guy's kid just had an accident,
or he just lost his job, or....then my personal bleeding heart
liberalism might push me to be generous & let him out of his contract,
but I'd feel no obligation to give him back the money once he had
inspected the plane & committed to purchase it, & just changed his mind.

Charlie

Matt Dralle wrote:
Quote:

Sounds typical. My motto is that its *not* sold until the check for the full amount has cleared. I tell perspective buyers that the first person to "show me the money" is the buyer. Until then, its still for sale and I entertain any and all perspective buyers.

Sounds like you just made a thousand bucks... Wink (just kidding).

Matt
At 03:10 PM 9/22/2009 Tuesday, you wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Need some advice, I recently had an experience I did not expect, I trust people,
> maybe I should't from now on?
>
> I had my Rv6a listed, in Barnstormers, and Trade a Plane, for the last two weeks I got
> a quite a few responses, and three people were very interested, one in particular assure me he definetely, would buy, after many tel. calls, photos etc.. he said, he would come
> to the airport to take a look etc... but he said, tell any body that call you, it is sold..
>
> We met last Wednesday, and yes he brought me a Cashier's check for $1,000 as
> he had told me. He look at the plane, we took the cawling etc.., we run the engine
> and the rest...
>
> He told me that next week, we would meet again, and that he would have the rest of the
> money, he had to get it out of his credit union account..
>
> Everything went fine, the people that called me, two others, I told them the plane was
> sold...
>
> Now on Monday morning 9:00 AM got a call, now he said, changed his maind, he woul
> not buy the plane, and wanted his chack back..
>
> I would like to hear some comments from those who have experience in this..
>
> I had two other peopolel that perhaps, would have been serious about it..
>
> Robert
>
> rv6a
>
> do not archive
>

rvaitor(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: rv6a for sale Reply with quote

No, actually you probably, as painful as it is, need to give him his money back and add that to one of the experiences you paid for.

When I advertised my plane last year, I got quite a few of the we'll send you x dollars and you deduct the deposit out of it or something like that - didn't pass the sniff test so I passed. Most were overseas or one sent me a check from a company out in Washington, but was Fedexed from LA. Called the company in WA and they didn't know anything about the check.
In another instance a guy wired me a $15K deposit on some cars and came through on the deal with the rest of the money.
I think, take a deposit, but don't quit working all your prospects until you get all the money. You should get a feel for the folks that are straight.
Good luck

---

andrewleopold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: rv6a for sale Reply with quote

Well said Charlie, I second that.

Andrew

--

maurice609(at)live.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: rv6a for sale Reply with quote

Hi:
 I have to sell my rv6a C slider vfr. flys nice C T.T. AE. 102 hrs. Lycoming 150

$47 C500  Call for details  407.878.3491  or e mail..

Robert

do not archive
Bing™ brings you maps C menus C and reviews organized in one place. Try it now. [quote][b]

rledwards9(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: rv6a for sale Reply with quote

I was going to buy a Warrior several years ago. Advertized as no damage history. Spent non-refundable tickets and hotel to Utah for buying it. Did a history report on the plane from FAA before leaving. Had three wrecks!
Seller sold to another unsuspecting sucker and never reimbursed me for my losses. There are crooks everywhere. He sounded very sincere on the phone but was a total ahole in real life.
--- On Tue, 9/22/09, Andrew Leopold <andrewleopold(at)robran.com.au> wrote:

[quote] From: Andrew Leopold <andrewleopold(at)robran.com.au>
Subject: RE: rv6a for sale
To: rv6-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 8:36 PM

"Andrew Leopold" <andrewleopold(at)robran.com.au>

Well said Charlie, I second that.

Andrew

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: