Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TruTrak ADI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffjones(at)look.ca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: TruTrak ADI Reply with quote

I'm at a point where I'm assembling a list of instruments that I will need and/or like.  I'm looking at the TruTrak ADI Basic.  Could anyone with information, positive or negative on its use and operation, please email me?
Thanks. 
Cliff RV9A
fuse
cliffjones(at)look.ca (cliffjones(at)look.ca)

- The Matronics RV6-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV6-List
CRASHOCONNOR(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: TruTrak ADI Reply with quote

In a message dated 4/5/2006 1:39:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cliffjones(at)look.ca writes:
Quote:
I'm at a point where I'm assembling a list of instruments that I will need and/or like.  I'm looking at the TruTrak ADI Basic.  Could anyone with information, positive or negative on its use and operation, please email me?
Thanks. 
Cliff RV9A
fuse
cliffjones(at)look.ca (cliffjones(at)look.ca)

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.4/299 - Release Date: 3/31/2006

Hi Cliff,
I have had experience with a Navaid and found it difficult to track a GPS. Some have said they got theirs' to work well, but mine never did. I have known two people who have used the Trutrack and have said it works well. Both people used Navaid servos and said it tracked a course well. The one that I have heard the best about is the ez pilot by trio avionics. All that I've known have loved it and said it was the biggest bang for the buck.

Hope this helps.
Mike

3268 Turnberry Cir.
Charlottesville, VA. 22911

434.923.0064 hm
434.906.1664 cell

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Docstevew1(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: TruTrak ADI Reply with quote

I found that if I switch my Nav Aid to 'Tracking'  after first running it on 'Wing Leveler' for about a minute to bleed off the capacitance, it tracks awesome!
I also have a Tru Trak altitude hold and am very happy with the hands off capabilities. Mine was one of the few with a faulty servo, with which the Tru Trak folks took care of in a timely manner.
Blue Skies
Steve RV6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: