Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio, severe background noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t.j.vanduin(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Radio, severe background noise Reply with quote

Fellow Allegro listers,

My radio is a Microair 760 Transceiver of Australian make. Compared with what
I do hear through my head set in several other planes I flew with, the background
noise in my Allegro is much more severe.

Turning the squelch adjustment on the device does not change anything. I think
I must conclude that the radio is not functioning well and must be repaired.

Did anyone of you experience the same problem with this radio? Any comments?

Theo van Duin, France
Allegro 2000 (71 MM)   
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
hgmckay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Radio, severe background noise Reply with quote

Theo:

Sorry, I am not familier with this radio, so I can't comment specifically. However, I will say that with any electrical system on a Rotax 912 engine, and especially if one has a radio, one needs to have at least a 22,000 micro-farad capacitor in the electrical system to act as a filter for the AC current noise generated by the rotax engine. You should check, or have someone knowledgable check to see if your engine has this capacitor in the electrical system. If you would like to know where the capacitor is located I can fax you a copy of the Rotax 912 electrical diagram and mark where it should be in the electrical system. Just send me your fax number. If you have a Rotax 912 Installation Manual dated May 1, 2007 the capacitor is shown as item 14 on page 109.

Hugh

--- On Tue, 10/27/09, theo van duin <t.j.vanduin(at)gmail.com> wrote:
Subject: Radio, severe background noise
To: allegro-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 12:01 PM

Fellow Allegro listers,

My radio is a Microair 760 Transceiver of Australian make. Compared with what
I do hear through my head set in several other planes I flew with, the background
noise in my Allegro is much more severe.

Turning the squelch adjustment on the device does not change anything. I think
I must conclude that the radio is not functioning well and must be repaired

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lucyreddy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio, severe background noise Reply with quote

Hello T.J,
Myself Lucy Reddy.As I know the MA-760 should always be turned off, before starting the aircraft to protect the radio from transient voltages. For more information visit the url : http://www.lowcountrysoaring.org/members/aircraft/pw5/microair_760.html.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: