Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installation of oil thermostat on Allegro 2000.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t.j.vanduin(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Installation of oil thermostat on Allegro 2000. Reply with quote

Allegro listers,

This summer a remote "Perma-Cool" oil thermostat was installed on my Allegro 2000.
I'm concerned that the unit does not perform as it should do. At ambient temperatures
of around 20 degrees C, the oil temperature reaches about 78 degrees C during level flight
at 100 MPH and 2500 ft QFH. One may expect this reading in winter time to be a lot lower,
I think.
The thermostat is placed quite remotely relative to the oil cooler coil, which means that the
oil lines between the thermostat and the oil cooler coil are quite long. Could this have any influence on the performance of the system?
Did anyone of you collect oil temperature readings with mentioned oil thermostat installed, at different values of OAT, speed and altitude, that he/she is willing to share? 
I do hope that those of you, who have satisfying results with this thermostat, will be so kind to share some assembly layout details with me.

Theo van Duin(France)
Allegro 2000 (71MM) 
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
ledson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Installation of oil thermostat on Allegro 2000. Reply with quote

Theo,

While I don’t have the oil thermostat installed on my allegro yet, I’ve note that a number of the posters on the matronics site with allegros have done it. All of them report a reduced warm up time and an in flight temp of 180 to 185. I would think that maybe the thermostat is not working correctly or possible was installed incorrectly. When I was researching how to install the thermostat I found a PDF document that shows how to install one on an Evektor Sportstar. I’ll attach that for your reference.

Take care and keep flying

Larry Edson
Allegro 2000
N4362C

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Sportstar oil thermostat install.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Sportstar oil thermostat install.pdf
 Filesize:  2.86 MB
 Downloaded:  578 Time(s)

Roger Lee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Installation of oil thermostat on Allegro 2000. Reply with quote

Hi Theo,

I have been through this many times and at length with Perma Cool and other pilots on other planes. The temps you are reporting are quite normal. We see the same temps around here using the same Perma Cool oil thermostat. The thermostat temp is only set at 180F and it's not an exact science.
You can beat yourself up for months over this or fly and have fun.

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: