Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request Info on Jabiru and the Airmaster 420 Constant Speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith750-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeus45601(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Request Info on Jabiru and the Airmaster 420 Constant Speed Reply with quote

Does anyone here have any data regarding the use of using an Airmaster AP420 http://www.airmasterpropellers.com/wab487.html with the Jabiru engine preferably using the smaller 2200 on a Zenith CH-750 or comparable sized plane? I’m wondering if the Jabiru 2200 /w 85HP and Airmaster would show noticeable improvements in average cruise speed, climb, takeoff, to handle as well as the aircraft just fitted with a Jabiru 3300 with no constant speed prop, power-wise. I’m a little reluctant to use a smaller engine under 100 HP on the Zenith CH-750 even though Zenith says it will fly with engines with horsepowers in the range of 80 to 125 HP, but I would consider the 85HP Jabiru 2200 if it were fitted with an Airmaster AP420 if Constant Speed propeller if I could be shown to get the economy of a 4 stroke (4gals/hr) engine, with the assurance of no sluggish handlings on take-off or climbs. I was told I would have to register such a plane with an Airmaster as an Experimental-LSA as opposed to just an Amateur Built-LSA. I’m not certain of the repercussions, cons or pros of registering a plane one way or another, but for the sack of fuel economy and dependable power when needed, I’m toying with this idea of a CH-750 with a Jab 2200 engine and an Airmaster AP420 Constant Speed Propeller combo. I would appreciate any word, rumors etc on this topic and realize that such a combo would be rare here in the States, but may not be unusual in Australia, New Zealand or Tasmania since both the Jabiru and Airmaster are products of that region.

Jay Parker

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith750-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith750-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith750-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: