Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sun-N-Fun my comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjessen(at)rcn.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Sun-N-Fun my comments Reply with quote

I can just see the grin.  John

do not archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Randy DeBauw
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:17 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RE: Sun-N-Fun my comments

The wiggle is only when it is windy.  Other than that it is smooth.  Randy

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Robert G. Wright
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:12 PM

Talking to Alex DeDominicis (sp?), The Sorcerer’s VOR/ILS/GS functions are removed, a yaw dampener is added.  Alex’s wife felt a lot of waggle in the back seat since it’s behind the spar, so he adjusted the software for the price of the VOR/ILS/GS.  In his -10 he can overlay any approach he wants to using the GNS480, so he sees no real loss of functionality, and he gains the yaw dampener.

Randy, Jesse, Tim, others flying, thoughts about your back seaters’ experiences?

Rob #392
Waiting QB shipment

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of GRANSCOTT(at)aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: Sun-N-Fun my comments

Sorry TDT you're correct...they do not have it on the web site as of last week, and other than a pix they did not have a data sheet, that I was aware of, so the fellow said that it would not intercept the final approach course...I was assuming he meant an ILS and not a GPS/WAAS approach...but I'm not really sure that is correct.

Hopefully they will have it on the site soon.

P

do not archive

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Randy(at)abros.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Sun-N-Fun my comments Reply with quote

Jesse, I used some weather strip that has adhesive back. It is white and about ¼” in diameter. I did get some water in through the door at Oshkosh last year and the carpet was wet about an 1” inside the door.  If you remember it REALLY  POURED. Hope all is well.  Randy

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Saint
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:09 PM

I haven’t spent much time in the back seat except one time that I climbed from the front to the back to test the different in C/G, but there was no turbulence then.  I haven’t heard any complaints at all from back seat passengers, at least not about waggle.

By the way, Tim and Randy, can you post a picture of how you sealed your baggage door?  We are getting water back there that I assume comes from the door.

Do not archive.

Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
jesse(at)itecusa.org (jesse(at)itecusa.org)
www.itecusa.org

I'm in Ecuador right now and should be back in the country by the end of May.  You may call me at 352-505-1899 and leave a message that I can check from down here.  Any I-TEC questions can be directed to the I-TEC office at 352-465-4545.

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Robert G. Wright
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 6:12 PM

Talking to Alex DeDominicis (sp?), The Sorcerer’s VOR/ILS/GS functions are removed, a yaw dampener is added.  Alex’s wife felt a lot of waggle in the back seat since it’s behind the spar, so he adjusted the software for the price of the VOR/ILS/GS.  In his -10 he can overlay any approach he wants to using the GNS480, so he sees no real loss of functionality, and he gains the yaw dampener.

Randy, Jesse, Tim, others flying, thoughts about your back seaters’ experiences?

Rob #392
Waiting QB shipment

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of GRANSCOTT(at)aol.com

Sorry TDT you're correct...they do not have it on the web site as of last week, and other than a pix they did not have a data sheet, that I was aware of, so the fellow said that it would not intercept the final approach course...I was assuming he meant an ILS and not a GPS/WAAS approach...but I'm not really sure that is correct.

P

do not archive

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

acs(at)acspropeller.com.a

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Sun-N-Fun my comments Reply with quote

Randy is the top of your baggage door hinge further outboard than the bottom?
I noticed Tim mentioned this and I’ve got the same result although I couldn’t see how you would insert the hinge pin unless one end wasn’t sitting flush?
John 40315 Fuel system

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Randy DeBauw
Sent: Thursday, 13 April 2006 9:39 AM

Jesse, I used some weather strip that has adhesive back. It is white and about ¼” in diameter. I did get some water in through the door at Oshkosh last year and the carpet was wet about an 1” inside the door.  If you remember it REALLY  POURED. Hope all is well.  Randy

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Saint

I haven’t spent much time in the back seat except one time that I climbed from the front to the back to test the different in C/G, but there was no turbulence then.  I haven’t heard any complaints at all from back seat passengers, at least not about waggle.

By the way, Tim and Randy, can you post a picture of how you sealed your baggage door?  We are getting water back there that I assume comes from the door.

Do not archive.

Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
www.itecusa.org

I'm in Ecuador right now and should be back in the country by the end of May.  You may call me at 352-505-1899 and leave a message that I can check from down here.  Any I-TEC questions can be directed to the I-TEC office at 352-465-4545.

Rob #392
Waiting QB shipment

P

do not archive

jjessen(at)rcn.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Sun-N-Fun my comments Reply with quote

I hate list monitor types, but it might help in later searches if guys change the subject line when you switching topics?  Thanks. 

Sorry. 

John

do not archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John Dunne
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:16 PM

I noticed Tim mentioned this and I’ve got the same result although I couldn’t see how you would insert the hinge pin unless one end wasn’t sitting flush?
John 40315 Fuel system

Do not archive.

Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
www.itecusa.org

Rob #392
Waiting QB shipment

P

do not archive

johnwcox(at)pacificnw.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Sun-N-Fun my comments Reply with quote

So far there have been no problems with Lancairs running NACA ducts on
the vertical with rear fed overhead plenums. The other location is to
cut into the aluminum on the high pressure side of the vertical.
Remember that N410RV and N220RV have differing forces due to lower
engine output.

Ed got a lot of help from VANS on the correct location. It's a great
product offering. He is going with both left and right dual NACA fed
sources.

John Cox - KUAO

--

johnwcox(at)pacificnw.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Sun-N-Fun my comments Reply with quote

Tim didn't post but as a backseat ballast on his (turbulence) transition
training you should all address protective covering of the shoulder
harness strap mount in the overhead.

Nuf Said.

John - $00.02
Do not Archive
--

Randy(at)abros.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Sun-N-Fun my comments Reply with quote

Yes and the top of the door is as flush with the skin as the bottom is.  The weather seal keeps it out slightly.  Randy

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John Dunne
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:16 PM

John 40315 Fuel system

Do not archive.

Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
www.itecusa.org

Rob #392
Waiting QB shipment

P

do not archive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: