Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV: Forced Landing Nose Leg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hans-chr.erstad(at)c2i.ne

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: SV: Forced Landing Nose Leg Reply with quote

One KIS owner have experienced what it takes to damage the spar. Se report:

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/august_2005/tri_kis__g_tkis.cfm

I am not sure if he is still on this list?

Regards,
Hans Christian

Fra: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com] På vegne av Graham Brighton
Sendt: 3. mai 2010 14:18
Til: kis-list(at)matronics.com
Emne: Forced Landing Nose Leg

G'day All,

Bit of an update ...Bob Bohemier kindly set me up with a replacement nose leg ..which he got off to me in record short time ..thx Bob .. The leg arrived today and looks fine but mite be one inch longer perhaps ... The original one is a bit mangled so doesn't measure very easily .

Have pulled the engine out and found some more damage . The bottom Nose Leg mount has pushed back into the Fire Wall surface causing some damage there ..

And if i grab one wing-tip and tug it fore and aft ..i get some free movement .. !!! ...lifting the wing-tip straight up and down the wing seems good and solid though .. The other wing is ok and solid both ways .

The forced landing was light ..and onto rough soft soil ... The Nose leg broke and folded back on contact ..and the broken leg only left a scrape mark in the ground 30 yrds long ... where we came to a halt .!!

Would be very surprised if i have Spar damage but..... ??

Engine is out ...but not pulled down ...so far can see one broken Valve head .. (and holed piston) and a possible dislodged Valve seat ..

Will know more as i progress along .

Any input appreciated

Graham

Quote:
http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: