Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ready at last

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinkston(at)carolina.rr.c

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: ready at last Reply with quote

Super IIS RG came in (at) 1342 lbs ,,have done high speed taxi test,, feels good. Have a oil leak to find & the final inspection & then go from kit to airplane……nose w is193,,,Left is 484 & right is 472 ,,,It has the extra fuel bay in wing behind spar …Can anyone do the w/b for this header tank holds 10 gals. wing -------? I may have to fill to find out what it is….. Randy Pinkston N71RP (at) kafp anson county n.c.

- The Matronics Glasair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Glasair-List

IMG_1758.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB
 Viewed:  3528 Time(s)

IMG_1758.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.5 MB
 Viewed:  3528 Time(s)

IMG_1759.JPG

Craymondw(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: ready at last Reply with quote

Your plane came out light for a Super2S RG. In order to do a weight and balance you have to measure the distance from the fire wall forward 58 inches (sta 0.0) and back from that point to the nose wheel center line (X). Then measure from the mains center line to sta 0.0 (Y) Once you have those numbers you can do a weight and balance. I have a 200 hp, constant speed prop and an IFR panel in my 2S and my nose wheel weight is 273 lbs and the mains were 1,026 lbs. I have a baggage limit of 130 pounds. S.H. had a tail heavy problem with the 2S when small engines with wood props were used and solved it with the Super 2S. The Super 2S has a longer distance from the MAC to the fire wall and a larger stab. That heavier main may give you a turn and I solved that by adding a few pounds of lead shot and resin to one wing end. To avoid bouncing the nose wheel hard, on your first test flight I would perform a power on landing. I come over the fence at 90 mph and level off over the runway to let the speed dissipate then slowly come in with power to gently let my plane down. I just installed a blended foil prop and in very hot humid weather I added ten miles per hour to my already 200mph+ cruise speed.

In a message dated 5/26/2010 10:40:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, pinkston(at)carolina.rr.com writes:
Quote:

Super IIS RG came in (at) 1342 lbs ,,have done high speed taxi test, feels good. Have a oil leak to find & the final inspection & then go from kit to airplane……nose w is193,,,Left is 484 & right is 472 ,,,It has the extra fuel bay in wing behind spar …Can anyone do the w/b for this header tank holds 10 gals. wing -------? I may have to fill to find out what it is….. Randy Pinkston N71RP (at) kafp anson county n.c.

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jdhcv(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: ready at last Reply with quote

Randy, I have the pilot's operating handbook for the Super IIS and just got the handbook for my IIS- FT from Glasair for $45 plus shipping. Would send you the Super IIS handbook for $35 plus shipping if you are interested. It's a very well done handbook so would be nice to have.

Jack, almost ready for inspection in Camp Verde, AZ

--- On Wed, 5/26/10, Randy Pinkston <pinkston(at)carolina.rr.com> wrote:
Quote:

Subject: ready at last
To: glasair-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 8:29 AM

Super IIS RG came in (at) 1342 lbs ,,have done high speed taxi test,, feels good. Have a oil leak to find & the final inspection & then go from kit to airplane……nose w is193,,,Left is 484 & right is 472 ,,,It has the extra fuel bay in wing behind spar …Can anyone do the w/b for this header tank holds 10 gals. wing -------? I may have to fill to find out what it is….. Randy Pinkston N71RP (at) kafp anson county n.c.

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: