Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredorosa(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

Bob,

I'm still getting a warning:

Safe Browsing*Diagnostic page for* onfinal18.com

*What is the current listing status for onfinal18.com?*

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your
computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past
90 days.

*What happened when Google visited this site?*

Of the 131 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 50 page(s)
resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user
consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-09-21, and the
last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-09-15.

Malicious software includes 5 scripting exploit(s), 3 trojan(s). Successful
infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 38 domain(s), including
now5.bigmoney.biz/<http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=now5.bigmoney.biz/&hl=en-us>
, super-security57.co.cc/<http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=super-security57.co.cc/&hl=en-us>
, safetyscanner47p.co.cc/<http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=safetyscanner47p.co.cc/&hl=en-us>

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
Robert Reed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

I don't know what to tell you Al, I ran a check on the site and found no problems. I have accessed it from both the ONFINAL18.COM and R-A-Reed-Assoc.Com sites and haven't experienced any problems.  The only thing I can think would be causing the issue is the animations that I have had on the site since the beginning and they have never caused any issues that I am aware of. There is nothing that I know of that I can do to change what you are seeing short of shutting down the entire thing. By the way, I haven't added or changed anything on the site since well before 9/15/2010 so nothing has changed.

Bob

To: kisbuilders <kis-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Tue, September 21, 2010 6:28:50 PM
Subject: KIS-List: Warning

Bob,

Safe Browsing Diagnostic page for onfinal18.com

What is the current listing status for onfinal18.com?
Quote:

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Quote:
Of the 131 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 50 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-09-21, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-09-15.
Malicious software includes 5 scripting exploit(s), 3 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 38 domain(s), including now5.bigmoney.biz/, super-security57.co.cc/, safetyscanner47p.co.cc/.
14 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including superbest-sec91.co.cc/, best-protection19.co.cc/, dar.ftpserver.biz/.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS11798 (BLUEHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Quote:

Over the past 90 days, onfinal18.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
Quote:

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
Quote:

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps: Updated 14 hours ago

[quote][b][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ftyoder(at)yoderbuilt.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

I looked at the site Sunday and sent it to a new TR-1 buyer and we had no problems.

Tim
[quote] ---

fredorosa(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

Bob,

Those cheap domain sites are probably targets for viruses.  Your particular site is probably safe but my computer Hal is never wrong so I will opt staying safe.
Thanks,
Al

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)> wrote:
[quote] I don't know what to tell you Al, I ran a check on the site and found no problems.  I have accessed it from both the ONFINAL18.COM and R-A-Reed-Assoc.Com sites and haven't experienced any problems.  The only thing I can think would be causing the issue is the animations that I have had on the site since the beginning and they have never caused any issues that I am aware of.  There is nothing that I know of that I can do to change what you are seeing short of shutting down the entire thing.  By the way, I haven't added or changed anything on the site since well before 9/15/2010 so nothing has changed.

Bob

From: ALFRED ROSA <fredorosa(at)gmail.com (fredorosa(at)gmail.com)>
To: kisbuilders <kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)>
Sent: Tue, September 21, 2010 6:28:50 PM
Subject: KIS-List: Warning

Bob,

Safe Browsing Diagnostic page for onfinal18.com

What is the current listing status for onfinal18.com?
Quote:

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Quote:
Of the 131 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 50 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-09-21, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-09-15.
Malicious software includes 5 scripting exploit(s), 3 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 38 domain(s), including now5.bigmoney.biz/super-security57.co.cc/safetyscanner47p.co.cc/.
14 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including superbest-sec91.co.cc/best-protection19.co.cc/dar.ftpserver.biz/.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS11798 (BLUEHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Quote:

Over the past 90 days, onfinal18.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
Quote:

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
Quote:

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps: Updated 14 hours ago

Quote:

et="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
tp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

lgdavid(at)roadrunner.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

Al, Bob, et al,
I did a little test. I use Computer Associated Security Suite provided by Time Warner (roadrunner) and tried accessing Bob's site with Internet Explorer (Cool, Firefox, and Chrome.
My security gave me alerts with firefox and chrome, but allowed me to proceed to Bob's site. No alerts from IE.  While using Bob's site, no virus alerts were generated by the real time security processing which I interpreted as a good thing.
Just thought you might like to know my results.
Larry
[quote] ---

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

OK Folks, here is what I found after over 20 hours of research and work on cleaning up the crap. That is way more than I wanted to spend or had time to waste.

What Google found was over a thousand hidden HTML files that have been loaded onto the site from sources unknown. All loaded within the last two months using what I can only assume was the FTP account. The files all appeared to be for the most part captured versions of valid web sites. It looks like they used the universal FTP site that I had used to allow some updates to be transmitted for use on the web site. I have removed that FTP link and all the other FTP defaults. Hell, I am not even sure I can get FTP access any longer.

What I find interesting and scary at the same time is that Google found them on my site when NONE of them were associated with my web pages. That means that even though they were identified on my web site, they were not linked to anything that would have had an effect on anyone entering the site through www.onfinal18.com, www.kisbuild.onfinal18.com or through www.kisbuild.r-a-reed-assoc. That is why the only report by Google was attached to the onfinal18.com site. Just how Google can examine hidden directies and hidden files on a web site without having any password access means that if they can do it, anybody can.

So, hopefully the site is cleaned and I have requested that Google validate the site and remove the warnings. If this doesn't work, I may have to just cut my losses, wipe the entire site and give up. It just isn't worth the time, money, and trouble. I will never understand what kind of sick mind derives pleasure from screwing up peoples web site, computers, and life just because they can.

Bob

To: kis-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Wed, September 22, 2010 2:39:37 PM
Subject: Re: Warning

Al, Bob, et al,
I did a little test. I use Computer Associated Security Suite provided by Time Warner (roadrunner) and tried accessing Bob's site with Internet Explorer (Cool, Firefox, and Chrome.
My security gave me alerts with firefox and chrome, but allowed me to proceed to Bob's site. No alerts from IE. While using Bob's site, no virus alerts were generated by the real time security processing which I interpreted as a good thing.
Larry
[quote] ---

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

Just did a Google Site search on OnFinal18.com and it came back clean. I have monitored the files directory for the last several days and there have been NO additional files showing up that should have. I can only hope this is the end of the problems but with all the crap going on who knows.

PS: I removed the links to the PulsarAircraft site since it is no longer active.

Bob Reed

Sent: Thu, September 23, 2010 10:46:34 PM

OK Folks, here is what I found after over 20 hours of research and work on cleaning up the crap. That is way more than I wanted to spend or had time to waste.

What Google found was over a thousand hidden HTML files that have been loaded onto the site from sources unknown. All loaded within the last two months using what I can only assume was the FTP account. The files all appeared to be for the most part captured versions of valid web sites. It looks like they used the universal FTP site that I had used to allow some updates to be transmitted for use on the web site. I have removed that FTP link and all the other FTP defaults. Hell, I am not even sure I can get FTP access any longer.

What I find interesting and scary at the same time is that Google found them on my site when NONE of them were associated with my web pages.  That means that even though they were identified on my web site, they were not linked to anything that would have had an effect on anyone entering the site through www.onfinal18.com, www.kisbuild.onfinal18.com or through www.kisbuild.r-a-reed-assoc. That is why the only report by Google was attached to the onfinal18.com site. Just how Google can examine hidden directies and hidden files on a web site without having any password access means that if they can do it, anybody can.

So, hopefully the site is cleaned and I have requested that Google validate the site and remove the warnings. If this doesn't work, I may have to just cut my losses, wipe the entire site and give up. It just isn't worth the time, money, and trouble. I will never understand what kind of sick mind derives pleasure from screwing up peoples web site, computers, and life just because they can.

Bob

Sent: Wed, September 22, 2010 2:39:37 PM

Al, Bob, et al,
My security gave me alerts with firefox and chrome, but allowed me to proceed to Bob's site. No alerts from IE.  While using Bob's site, no virus alerts were generated by the real time security processing which I interpreted as a good thing.
Larry
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: