Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard_trickel(at)yahoo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

To all
Glad to see some action on the site. It is really nice to see what is ging on with you all especially since I am so far away.
Me, well we have just about finished the last Cruiser to be made in the US by me in 2004. The airplane was originally made for a Pulsar customer that had ordered two planes but cancelled the order prior to shipment from what I understand. We never started the second plane. The plane then went to El Salavdor with everything else and was partially assembled there but never finished. Zizo my current boss bought the plane and brought it to Brasil along with a superior engine. I started working on the plane while designing a new plane (Volare) here and just recently did the weight and balance on it. It is a bit different in that we moved the engine forward two inches and modified a contintal cowl to fit the Lycoming. A company here made and exhaust with a muffler and it runs really quiet. We should fly soon but there a few things to do yet. \I goofed up one of the wing fairings so need to repair that.
the Volare is coming along nicely now that we have the material to build high temp composites. The first fuselage bottom came out of the oven friday and many of the smaller parts have been built. The one piece spar will be built soon. we are eager to get that together to see how much weight we will save.
I have had a few setbacks my self and will be getting some plumbing modifications in the next couple of days that will slow me down a bit but is still will be able to guide the workers along here while recouperating through computer and drawings. They have pretty good medical resources here.
I see that the cold has set in up there and wish we had a little here. Itīs in the 90īs most of the time.
Keep the postings comming
Rich

--- On Sun, 12/19/10, bakerocb(at)cox.net <bakerocb(at)cox.net> wrote:

[quote]
Subject: Re: Quiet on the KIS Front, Update on mine
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com, galinhdz(at)gmail.com
Date: Sunday, December 19, 2010, 6:40 PM

--> KIS-List message posted by: <bakerocb(at)cox.net (bakerocb(at)cox.net)>

12/19/2010

Hello Galin, Thanks for the report. A couple of questions if I may. You wrote:

1) "I had to change out the 9yo battery ...."

What brand, kind, and size of battery?

2) "The autopilot has been intermittent for the entire trip."

What kind of autopilot?

Thanks,

'OC' Baker Says: "The best investment we can make is the time and effort to gather and understand knowledge."

=================================
---

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
ftyoder(at)yoderbuilt.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Good to hear from you.Sounds like you are busy. Good luck with the medical issues and have a Merry Christmas.

Tim - TR-1
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lgdavid(at)roadrunner.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Hi Rich, Seasons Greetings from SoCal. Hope you have a quick and uncomplicated recovery. Anxious to see pictures of the new plane. Larry

On 12/20/2010 8:38 AM, Richard Trickel wrote: [quote] To all
Glad to see some action on the site. It is really nice to see what is ging on with you all especially since I am so far away.
Me, well we have just about finished the last Cruiser to be made in the US by me in 2004. The airplane was originally made for a Pulsar customer that had ordered two planes but cancelled the order prior to shipment from what I understand. We never started the second plane. The plane then went to El Salavdor with everything else and was partially assembled there but never finished. Zizo my current boss bought the plane and brought it to Brasil along with a superior engine. I started working on the plane while designing a new plane (Volare) here and just recently did the weight and balance on it. It is a bit different in that we moved the engine forward two inches and modified a contintal cowl to fit the Lycoming. A company here made and exhaust with a muffler and it runs really quiet. We should fly soon but there a few things to do yet. \I goofed up one of the wing fairings so need to repair that.
the Volare is coming along nicely now that we have the material to build high temp composites. The first fuselage bottom came out of the oven friday and many of the smaller parts have been built. The one piece spar will be built soon. we are eager to get that together to see how much weight we will save.
I have had a few setbacks my self and will be getting some plumbing modifications in the next couple of days that will slow me down a bit but is still will be able to guide the workers along here while recouperating through computer and drawings. They have pretty good medical resources here.
I see that the cold has set in up there and wish we had a little here. Itīs in the 90īs most of the time.
Keep the postings comming
Rich

--- On Sun, 12/19/10, bakerocb(at)cox.net (bakerocb(at)cox.net) <bakerocb(at)cox.net> (bakerocb(at)cox.net) wrote:

[quote]
From: bakerocb(at)cox.net (bakerocb(at)cox.net) <bakerocb(at)cox.net> (bakerocb(at)cox.net)
Subject: Re: Quiet on the KIS Front, Update on mine
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com), galinhdz(at)gmail.com (galinhdz(at)gmail.com)
Date: Sunday, December 19, 2010, 6:40 PM

--> KIS-List message posted by: <bakerocb(at)cox.net (bakerocb(at)cox.net)>

12/19/2010

Hello Galin, Thanks for the report. A couple of questions if I may. You wrote:

1) "I had to change out the 9yo battery ...."

What brand, kind, and size of battery?

2) "The autopilot has been intermittent for the entire trip."

What kind of autopilot?

Thanks,

'OC' Baker Says: "The best investment we can make is the time and effort to gather and understand knowledge."

=================================
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: