Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotax 5 Year rubber parts mandatory replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Carpenter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Rotax 5 Year rubber parts mandatory replacement Reply with quote

On the Flight Design forum they are talking about a mandatory 5 year rubber parts replacement for Rotax engines. Have any Allegro owners of 2005 or earlier done this?? Or thought about this?? Anyone talked to Doug or Betty? Let us know...

Brian
N3081x
Taylor, AZ USA

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List

ledson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Rotax 5 Year rubber parts mandatory replacement Reply with quote

Mine is scheduled for the rubber replacement with the upcoming annual condition inspection in May. I did replace the fuel lines around the electric fuel pump last year. The lines were cracked and seeping fuel. I didn't check the lines that are under the carpeting, but my guess would be that they as well should be replaced. I just don't know if the carpet that is glued in will be a problem to replace or re-glue.

Larry
N4362C

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Roger Lee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Rotax 5 Year rubber parts mandatory replacement Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Hi Brian, hope this helps some.

If you are an SLSA, have a Rotax engine and are supposed to follow the Rotax manual as stated by your aircraft MFG. then you must do a 5 year rubber replacement as stated by Rotax to remain airworthy. If you are ELSA then you can do as you please, but remember you can't pull over to the curb and hoses do start to flake inside at times or fail.
You need to replace all rubber hoses that have to do with fuel (from the tanks to the carbs), coolant, oil, the carb rubber mounting sockets, the carb diaphragm, some "O" rings in the process. If you have the stainless steel fuel lines that attach to the carbs they do not need to be replaced, but if you have the red rubber fuel attachment lines they do, hence the price difference in the estimates. Many people will need to pull their engines to do this. Parts cost, depending on your plane, will run from $900 - $1300. California Power Systems a.k.a. CPS has a parts list that I set up, but I set it up for a CTSW and your hose lengths will be a little different, but many standard parts are the same. Your hoses on the fuel lines may be a little longer or shorter. On a CTSW the engine needs to be pulled because of the close proximity to the firewall. I'm not sure if the Allegro engine needs to be pulled to access parts and the firewall. You can reuse the fire-sleeve. All the clamps you will need are not in the CPS list. You will need screw clamps and Oetiker band clamps.

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
ledson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Rotax 5 Year rubber parts mandatory replacement Reply with quote

Roger,

Thanks for your posting. As always it has useful information for all of us. The rubber replacement listing that you made for CPS, do you think you could share that with the rest of us? I know that I would like to pass that along to my mechanic to save some research time.

Thanks,

Larry
N4362C

Roger Lee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotax 5 Year rubber parts mandatory replacement Reply with quote

Hi Larry,
Shoot me your email address and I'll be happy to send it to you. You may have some different hose lengths on your Allegro so I would look over the list and compare to your own plane. many parts may be the same in metric size just a different length.

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: