Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick Build vs Custom Built

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV7-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gandjpappy(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Quick Build vs Custom Built Reply with quote

Here is what I think is different twist to an old question. 

I have investigated a couple of custom built kits that are at, or slightly beyond the quick build stage.  Would a kit put together by an inexperienced builder be worth looking at if it included a couple thousand dollars worth of extras and cost about the same as a factory quick build?  I keep thinking that I would be better off buying a new quick build kit with exactly what I wanted even if it ended up costing a bit more.

Opinions?

Thanks,
Greg

- The Matronics RV7-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV7-List
wlull(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Quick Build vs Custom Built Reply with quote

Greg,

It would seem you have answered your own question, reference your last sentence. It is a question of comfort. Having spent the last two plus years on a slow build I know my eye is critical enough now to evaluate a slow build for my comfort level. It seems in the ads I've seen that at least the seller sees additional value in factory quick builds as the asking price is generally higher.

IMHO, if your new to building and in a hurry then the quick build is the way to go. Just remember you still have a large portion to build yourself and you would be one of those "inexperienced builders". If you are experienced in building and just want a jump start on the next project I would look at slow build projects, carefully of course, for a better return on your investment.

Good luck!!

Bill

RV 7A Canoe
---- Gandjpappy(at)aol.com wrote:
Quote:
Here is what I think is different twist to an old question.

I have investigated a couple of custom built kits that are at, or slightly
beyond the quick build stage. Would a kit put together by an inexperienced
builder be worth looking at if it included a couple thousand dollars worth of
extras and cost about the same as a factory quick build? I keep thinking that
I would be better off buying a new quick build kit with exactly what I
wanted even if it ended up costing a bit more.

Opinions?

Thanks,
Greg

- The Matronics RV7-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV7-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV7-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: