Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

L-29 Engine start problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L39-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BasilAir Warbirds

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: L-29 Engine start problems Reply with quote

Hi All I am in the process of re assembling and making operational a L29 Delfin which was imported from the US. I am on the east coast of Australia and this is my first time exposure to the L29, and with the limited maintenance data available it has been a steep learning curve. We are getting to the business end of the project but have struck a problem when we came to dry spin and then start the Walter M-701 engine. The problem started as not being able to engage the starter motor or power the ignitor plugs etc etc. I found that when the start was initiated with the starter button in the front cockpit (205 KS located left front desk) the sequencing cam drive electric motor in the LUN 2273 start control box would only run while the start button in the cockpit was depressed. Normally after initiating the start by depressing the start button for three seconds the sequence cam drive motor should continue to progress through the start sequence and then stop at the start position ready for the next start but what is happening with our aircraft is as soon as the start button is released the sequence cam drive motor stops driving and the start sequence ends.

Also with the electrical cable to the start motor disconnected from the LUN 2273 start control box, the sequence cam drive motor can be run through its full start cycle by holding the start button in the cockpit depressed although it will not stop at the start position, it will just continue to run whilst the start button is depressed. If the electrical cable to the starter is reconnected to the LUN 2273 start control box and the sequence cam drive motor is run through its cycle by holding the starter button depressed, the over current circuit breaker A18 on the sub distribution board( R/H rear circuit board-front cockpit) trips when the sequence arrives at the position that power is applied to the starter motor.

What is the purpose and effect on systems that the control box located at the top left side of the engine and has three switches mounted in it that are marked Panel-Pozar-Dynamo. It appears they may be used for maintenance operations but I cannot find description or information on these switches.

I am in possession of maintenance data downloaded from L29.org and at this stage these are my main reference on maintenance and system and operation procedures but I find the content limited. Example – in the document labelled Operation and Attendance manual which has listed a section STARTING OF ENGINE,CIRCUIT B, the main location and schematic diagrams figures 21 & 22 are missing. Is there anywhere I can obtain more detailed information on this aircraft and its systems and operation from a maintenance perspective.

If anyone can offer solutions to these problems I would be most appreciative. Regards Bruce Allan Cessnock Australia email coasties(at)ozemail.com.au

- The Matronics L39-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L39-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L39-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: