Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rick Thomasson's exhaust system maintenance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n345js(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Rick Thomasson's exhaust system maintenance Reply with quote

I am doing some deferred maintenace on my Pulsar after 500 flying hours in 11years. All the rubber replacement parts list. Any advice on that work?

I pulled the exhaust to repair them while plane is down. Some general rust where Jet Hot coating flaked off and where new thicker tabs were welded on years ago.

Two pinholes near welds are repaired with Cargo ThermoSteel, holding for now but will eventually come loose. I'd like to have muffler bead blasted, pinholes
repaired and repainted. There are no cracks, just holes. What do you recommend? Weld over pinholes? Reweld joints and try to keep same alignment? What has been
learned from field experience with this exhaust system? I don't follow the listvery well so may have missed new info during the past 6 years.

I sent Rick an email asking for a update on his exhausting experience, but that addressed bounced. Rick- you out there? Probably in Lawrence...

What has worked best to seal the exhaust joints- fiber/vermiculite strips from McMaster-Carr? I used stainless tape last time, held OK.

Should I paint them with high temp alum finish or send them to Jet Hot to replace the original coating? Should I buy new mufflers? the pipes are all fine.

John Schussler
Pulsar XP
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
garymid(at)ymail.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Rick Thomasson's exhaust system maintenance Reply with quote

I've been running with fiber/vermiculite strips from McMaster-Carr for a while now. Holding up well and MUCH better than the other attempts with (leaky) aluminium and SS strips.

--- On Wed, 8/31/11, John Schussler <n345js(at)verizon.net> wrote:

Quote:

Subject: Rick Thomasson's exhaust system maintenance
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:35 AM

What has worked best to seal the exhaust joints- fiber/vermiculite strips from McMaster-Carr? I used stainless tape last time, held OK.

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

TomisFlyingby(at)comcast.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Rick Thomasson's exhaust system maintenance Reply with quote

Yeah!!! Ricky may come!!
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: