Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zodiac XL: Your Empty weight / Center of Gravit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAULROD36(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Zodiac XL: Your Empty weight / Center of Gravit Reply with quote

Kevin, I bought my composite gear (not sure it's carbon fiber) from Czech Aircraft Works. (aircraft(at)czaw.cz<mailto:aircraft(at)czaw.cz>) I got the legs, saddles, wheels, brakes, tires, etc. from them. Each leg complete weighed in at around 12.5 pounds. My first contact was with Chip Irwin, then with Marketa Durdakova. What with the currency fluctuations, I wouldn't know what the price is now, but it's comparable to Grove's prices. Very nice people to work with.
Paul Rodriguez
601XL/Corvair

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
601zv(at)ritternet.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Zodiac XL: Your Empty weight / Center of Gravit Reply with quote

When I inquired about the Czech gear, Chip said he would not sell it, so I
decided to go with the Grove gear as it is considerably lighter than the ZAC
gear and requires less modification for installation than the composite. .
But, If the Czech gear is now available, I will reconsider, as I have not
yet ordered gear. My only concern, assuming the Czech composite is now
available, is just how much more difficult is the installation, especially
with the fuselage already essentially completed - any clues?

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

PAULROD36(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Zodiac XL: Your Empty weight / Center of Gravit Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm not the guy to ask. I scratch-built the fuselage, making and correcting mistakes all the way, so it was all "original" construction. I also added some extra pieces that may not have been necessary. But the gear are nice components, and even lighter than Grove.
Paul Rodriguez
601XL/Corvair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: