Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine installation help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjpienaar(at)shaw.ca

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Engine installation help Reply with quote

I hope somebody can help me with a few problems I have on engine installation.

Is there a spec for the level of the oil in the tank. My concern is that if it is above the oil inlet that oil will flood into the engine and if it is below that the pump will not be able to suck. There is a white semi circle painted on the side of the oil pump, is this the level? I cannot find anything in this regard in the manual

The throttle and prop control seems to be reversed. The way I interpret the manual is that if the throttle lever on the engine is moved fully to the rear then the throttle is open.

On the other hand if the prop control is set for max RPM it seems to be fully forward on the engine. This seems contrary to the conventional setup that I am used to.

If my interpretation is correct how do you connect the controls to have the traditional setup?

Look forward to your input

Thanks

Mike

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lom-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lom-List
sbeaver(at)columbus.rr.co

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Engine installation help Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
The Zlin 526/726 have oil tanks in the wing root and draw the oil up hill with no problem. My aircraft has the tank high above the crankshaft and it functions perfectly well too. The critical thing, I believe, is that you have the "back pressure valve", Sc 0090 installed at the pump end. This device prevents oil from flowing back into the tank from the pump, and also offers just enough resistance that the (in my case) oil does not flow down-hill into the engine when it is not running. Check your parts manual.
The butterfly valve is spring-loaded to the maximum power setting. Observe the short push-rod that connects the throttle butterfly to the crank on the rear of the engine. Full power is achieve with this push-rod moved towards the nose of the aircraft. The prop control I don't know. I don't have that luxury Smile

Steve
From: Mike Pienaar <mjpienaar(at)shaw.ca (mjpienaar(at)shaw.ca)>
Reply-To: <lom-list(at)matronics.com (lom-list(at)matronics.com)>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 08:38:53 -0800
To: <lom-list(at)matronics.com (lom-list(at)matronics.com)>
Subject: Engine installation help

Is there a spec for the level of the oil in the tank. My concern is that if it is above the oil inlet that oil will flood into the engine and if it is below that the pump will not be able to suck. There is a white semi circle painted on the side of the oil pump, is this the level? I cannot find anything in this regard in the manual

The throttle and prop control seems to be reversed. The way I interpret the manual is that if the throttle lever on the engine is moved fully to the rear then the throttle is open.

On the other hand if the prop control is set for max RPM it seems to be fully forward on the engine. This seems contrary to the conventional setup that I am used to.

If my interpretation is correct how do you connect the controls to have the traditional setup?

Thanks

Mike

Quote:

ww.matronics.com/Navigator?Lom-List
com
ronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jameseby(at)yahoo.ca

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Engine installation help Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

I have a 337C with a constant speed MT propeler. If you have enough cable you should be able to change the anchour point of the cable so it becomea a push instead of a pull. I configued mine so max rpm is forward.
As for the throttle, my engine is reversible, but my prop is not. The throttle cable is routed so it opens the throttle when the control is pushed forward, as normal.

Regards

James

--- On Thu, 2/9/12, Mike Pienaar <mjpienaar(at)shaw.ca> wrote:

Quote:

Subject: Engine installation help
To: lom-list(at)matronics.com
Received: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 11:38 AM

Thanks

Mike

Quote:

=nofollow target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lom-List
et=_blank>http://forums.matronics.com
llow target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: