Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dynon autopilot servo installation photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerosiam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Dynon autopilot servo installation photos Reply with quote

Someone asked me for photos of the servo installation in a previous post.

I have more photos from different angles if anyone wants them by email. The install is pretty simply but the black electrical box for the flap motor had to be re-sited. The standard Dynon install kit works fine.

I haven't used the autopilot much. It seems to 'hunt' for the heading. As it rolls onto the heading, the adverse yaw slews the nose around. It corrects and the process repeats.

There is a new Dynon 5.4 software with different roll algorithms which I haven't tried yet.

On another subject, the tiny baggage tray support tabs front and back always worried me with a long unsupported span directly over the elevator controls and the trays joined by nutserts. 20lb hitting a 3G bump in turbulence is suddenly 60lb.

I epoxied the 2 vertical wood supports which are screwed to both trays and then sat on the trays to load them to 160lb.

Paul

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List

SAM_2825.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  173.79 KB
 Viewed:  9924 Time(s)

SAM_2825.JPG

SAM_2824.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  165.99 KB

SAM_2824.JPG

SAM_2819.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.91 KB

SAM_2819.JPG

aerosiam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynon autopilot servo installation photos Reply with quote

The first photo also shows the modification to the wires on the flap microswitches which I mentioned in an earlier post.

The factory used a computer ribbon which has extremely thin wires. Over time, several broke at the terminals possibly due to operating from a bumpy grass strip and the extra vibration from the 100hp.

We spliced 18 gage wire with a long heatshrink on the bend for stiffness then secured the original ribbon to the bulkhead.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

theskunk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynon autopilot servo installation photos Reply with quote

Have you thought about putting a trutrak Yaw Damper of some form on the aircraft? Also, was this factory installed? I'm considering taking the punch with one of these aircraft since the factory is down the street (makes getting support a cinch!). My only concern is around cruise speed... i'm one of those who did all his pro-solo training in an SR22T, then later finding out that the medical wasn't going to pass, and so i'd like to keep as close to the 120kt range as possible. I'm hoping to at least get 105-110kts out of it.

Any thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: