Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

master swithch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV7-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlallen1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: master swithch Reply with quote

I am currently working on my panel and wiring. I have a question on the master switch. From my reading of bob nuckolls I believe I need a 2-3. I am trying to confirm this and how to wire this up. I have the PP alternator. Do I run the field wire from the PP alt to the master switch? Do I need a separate switch for the alt and master?... please advise.

fyi, my set up is. PP alt, single battery, dual Pmags....if that matters.
Also, on the Pmags....for the P lead switch, those are just basic on/off switch rights...nothing fancy there..?

Ryan Allen
RV7 finishing stage

- The Matronics RV7-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV7-List

eddies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: master swithch Reply with quote

Hi Ray,

I installed a separate master switch to activate the master relay and wired the PP alternator field to a separate switch with a light to indicate a failure mode.

The P leads on the Mags are just switched to ground as a function of the key switch for off or open circuit for on.

Cheers
Eddie

- The Matronics RV7-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV7-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV7-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: