Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$30 dollars a plug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

$30 dollars a plug?

Sounds like someone is pricing themselves right out of business.

I'm going with the auto conversion next time.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
dsavarese(at)elmore.rr.co

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

Yep, you're right Frank. They (meaning the Russians) think they have found
out what capitalism is. Now they believe they can continue to raise the
price and we're going to continue to pay whatever they want for them.

The fact is, 7 years ago I could buy all the Russian plugs you ever wanted
for less than $6 a piece.

When you do make the conversion Frank, you will be amazed at how smooth your
engine runs and how much more efficient your engine is.
Dennis

---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

richard.goode(at)russiana

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

This is simple economics, and it is called "supply and demand".

We have all been living in a dream world caused by the Soviets leaving a lot of Yak parts around DOSAFF Airfields in the East, and so inevitably they have been sold off cheap.

Automotive conversions clearly are great - but in Europe we simply are not allowed to use them, and so are dependent on original plugs or champions.  The Russian factory is now making them again, but in hundreds rather than tens of thousands - hence the cost. 

Obviously it is great if there is a Western analogue like plugs; propellers; tyres etc that can be used.   However for things that are not currently made in the West, believe me, there will be a problem.  Possibly not this year, but inevitably at a stage.

Remember engine prices - they were US $9,000; Shadetree stabilised the market for a while going up to the high 20,000's, and for the future they will  certainly be a lot higher particularly with all those Pitts Model 12's; Natural attrition etc.

Aerostar can still make all 52 airframe components, but unless they are supported won't continue.

Arseniev now has nothing for 50 and 55; and 18T parts are available from Smolensk, but slow and expensive.

Also, believe me, it does not make life easier for middle men like myself - not only are prices higher; customers reluctant to believe these increases, but also it becomes harder and harder to find any parts at all in some categories. 

Richard Goode Aerobatics
Rhodds Farm
Lyonshall
Herefordshire
HR5 3LW
United Kingdom

Tel:    +44 (0) 1544 340120
Mob:  +44 (0) 7768 610389
Fax:   +44 (0) 1544 340129
www.russianaeros.com

markhiggins_la(at)lycos.c

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

You know, I never took seriously Yak warriors especially those in clownish nomex outfits, but this thread really pissed me off.

So, when this guy Savarese pushes his kits here and books $300 profit on each $400-something sale - he is a nice "good fella".
When Champion sells their product at the same profit margin - they are a respectable corporation.
When Russians bring their prices in line - Oh, my God ! They are greedy bastards !

You really thought this looting of Russia would continue indefinitely ?

Stupidity and arrogance have never been in short supply in this country.
________________________________ Message 7 _____________________________________
Time: 09:33:32 AM PST US
Subject: Re: $30 dollars a plug?

Yep, you're right Frank. They (meaning the Russians) think they have found
out what capitalism is. Now they believe they can continue to raise the
price and we're going to continue to pay whatever they want for them.

The fact is, 7 years ago I could buy all the Russian plugs you ever wanted
for less than $6 a piece.

When you do make the conversion Frank, you will be amazed at how smooth your
engine runs and how much more efficient your engine is.
Dennis

---

pfstelwagon(at)earthlink.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

Ah I see we have another budding genius on the list - Mark Higgins.  He is going to make up the kit for $100.  Pick the correct heat range plugs, the good RFI suppression wire and the adapters etc,  fat chance Mark.  This list is the best thing for exchanging information, and learning about these aircraft, so pay attention Mark and learn something.  By the way if you think $30.00 for Russian plugs is over priced, take a look at Aircraft Spurce. Champion plugs vary from $18.75 to $43.00 and Iridum  plugs are $50.00 plus.  Times have changed Mark you can't buy a CJ for $29,000 any more.

Frank
CJ6-A
N23021 

dsavarese(at)elmore.rr.co

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

Higgins,
If I've pissed you off, that's tough. The kits COST me more than $300 each
and I buy them in quantities. And they are much, much more than just a set
of $2 a piece spark plugs. So if you want to "discuss" this with me, then
by all means please do so, but take it off line since obviously you have no
clue as to it costs to manufacture these kits. My telephone numbers are
below should you want to telephone me. I'm on central time.
Dennis

A. Dennis Savarese
334-285-2141 (office)
334-546-8182 (cell)
www.yak-52.com
---

Scooter

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

that was way out of line. Mark Higgins you are an asshole.
markhiggins_la(at)lycos.c wrote:
You know, I never took seriously Yak warriors especially those in clownish nomex outfits, but this thread really pissed me off.

---

schrick(at)pacbell.net

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

Dennis,

Wait until he calls Carl, George, Doug, You or myself for parts........I am
sure we will remember these comments and charge accordingly.

This is still the cheapest way to fly in the Warbird area and only second to
home builders.

Engines, parts, planes are all going up and it will not get better. Start
saving those dollar bills for the next thing we will need to purchase.

SHREK

--

Valkyre1(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

Mark,

You came across as nasty and mean spirited on that one instead of informative and knowledgeable. The next time you're feeling this way kick the cat, chew on a door jam, take a deep breath and attack what you think is the problem and not the people...for the sake of your own dignity. 

- Val  

Scooter

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

Val has a good point. We should all just chill out for a day and not make any irrational reactions based on anger. So, tomorrow we'll find Mark Higgins and kick his ass.
Valkyre1(at)comcast.net wrote:
Mark,
�
You came across as nasty and mean spirited on that one instead of informative and knowledgeable. The next time you're feeling this way kick the cat, chew on a door jam, take a deep breath and attack what you think is the problem and not the people...for the sake of your own dignity.�
�
- Val��

PeteAbbott(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

I kinda like the kick the cat approach, especially if the cat is one that does not understand how the mouse population effects every cat in the barns life style.

But I's just a poor dumb county boy who calls a spade a God d____ shovel.

Pete

mark_higgins_la(at)lycos.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: $30 dollars a plug? Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't care how much you charge for your kits. It's none of my business. Just spare me your sales talk
about costs and clues. I friend did the same job for $100-something. So, go brainwash your Yak crowd.

What blew my lid was this sense of entitlement to essentially looted property.

Quote:
Wait until he calls Carl, George, Doug, You or myself for parts........I am
sure we will remember these comments and charge accordingly.

Wow ! This sounds like a mini cartel here ! Too bad I'm not a customer. Just one question to you,
my dear parts barons: what do you think are your chances for getting busted one day for an attempt
to smuggle out stolen goods ? ( Hint : it doesn't take a lot of well-wishers to get on Customs watch list ). And let me guess - are you going to whine that you sincerely believed that $6 a plug is a true price ?

Also, a note to this "Scooter" thing: I feel sorry for your name, please accept my condolences. Call me what you like,
but at least I do not drive a plane designed for 18-year-old kids to get basics in 50hrs before switching to jets, get
dressed like a 300lbs “democratizer”, and call it a "warbird".

One more thing - it appears that this list is being manipulated in a genuinely american democratically perverted way to ensure
that no "undesirables" stay here long enough to stir trouble. I don’t mind really - go ahead unsubscribe me.
________________________________ Message 1 _____________________________________
Time: 04:30:40 AM PST US
Subject: Re: Re: $30 dollars a plug?

Higgins,
If I've pissed you off, that's tough. The kits COST me more than $300 each
and I buy them in quantities. And they are much, much more than just a set
of $2 a piece spark plugs. So if you want to "discuss" this with me, then
by all means please do so, but take it off line since obviously you have no
clue as to it costs to manufacture these kits. My telephone numbers are
below should you want to telephone me. I'm on central time.
Dennis

A. Dennis Savarese
334-285-2141 (office)
334-546-8182 (cell)
www.yak-52.com
--

Search for businesses by name, location, or phone number. -Lycos Yellow Pages

http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: