Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolb List Participation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hauck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Kolb List Participation Reply with quote

Hi Everyone:

I doubt anyone on this List has been knocked down, drug around, kicked between the legs, slandered, slaughtered the way I have been over the last 8 years I have closely following what my fellow Kolb friends are doing. At times, it is very, very difficult to put up with this kind of crap, but I love my little Kolb airplanes and the people that build and fly them. So I have hung around.

Email is a tough communications medium, and folks are going to take the written word differently than some people intend for it to be taken. I know. I do that myself, only to find out later I was wrong. When I am wrong, I usually post a msg to the List admitting it.

Back copy msgs about what is going on on the Kolb List, about what is being discussed, does not help the Kolb List. Fear of being right or wrong because of what you would like to post to the List, but for some reason are afraid to post do not help the rest of us understand what is being discussed.

I have always felt the Kolb List was one big family. Right or wrong, we are still family. When I post my thoughts and feelings about my experiences or what I prefer, I feel it is my right to be able to do that without being attacked for it. Same as anybody else feels about their posts. If I like the engine I fly with, it is my right to have that preference. If you don't like it, it is also completely alright. Doesn't mean that I am bad mouthing anybody else's stuff.

Come on gang, let's be big boys and girls and try to carry on a decent discussion without feeling we are right or wrong, or somebody is going to dump on us because of our feelings and preferences. By chance if they do, hit the delete button and drive on. I am a slow learner................

I am as interested in alternative power for Kolbs as anyone else on the Kolb List. Because I fly with a Kolb powered by a Rotax does not take away from my natural curosity to learn about other means of power.

I have recently gotten involved with antique tractors, but I don't fight with folks that drive Dodge or Ford trucks because I drive a Nissan pickup. Nor do I bad mouth my friend that owns a different brand tractor than mine. There is a lot to learn from everyone, the good, the bad, the right and the wrong.

I want to encourage everyone to post to the List about what they are doing and how they are doing it. I have been accused of burning up most of the band width on the Kolb List, and maybe I do. Maybe if some more of you all would sit down and do some sharing instead of complaining, we could all benefit by it and I would not be so wordy. Smile

Take care my friends,

john h
hauck's holler, alabama
MKIII/912ULS

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Titus, Alabama
Kirk Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Kolb List Participation Reply with quote

< I want to encourage everyone to post to the List about what they are doing
and how they are doing it.>

I appreciate your contributions to the list John. I doubt anyone has
contributed more expertise to the list than you.

I'm sitting on my s here but thinking about maybe getting back to work on my
Mark 3. It's only been 13 years in the oven now..........snuf

Do not archive

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Kolb List Participation Reply with quote

John H,

I could not agree with you more! Very well said. As much satisfaction that I get from reading this list, I dismay when I read the derogatory posts, criticizing one another. I guess I am not smart enough to understand the rhyme or reason for the negative words.

As a new Kolb owner (long time fan), I have gained a wealth of knowledge from reading this list with all the many years of experience of the members, and for them not to share those experiences would be a shame. Just as it would equally be a shame for any of the less experienced (like me) to be afraid to ask questions out of fear of ridicule. We all were newbies at one time or another, and just as life, so the learning curve goes on and on.

Thanks to ALL the members for your contributions, patience, and understanding...

Mike S
Manchester TN
Firestar 2 503

(almost forgot).... do not archive Smile

John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone:

I doubt anyone on this List has been knocked down, drug around, kicked between the legs, slandered, slaughtered the way I have been over the last 8 years I have closely following what my fellow Kolb friends are doing. At times, it is very, very difficult to put up with this kind of crap, but I love my little Kolb airplanes and the people that build and fly them. So I have hung around.

Email is a tough communications medium, and folks are going to take the written word differently than some people intend for it to be taken. I know. I do that myself, only to find out later I was wrong. When I am wrong, I usually post a msg to the List admitting it.

Back copy msgs about what is going on on the Kolb List, about what is being discussed, does not help the Kolb List. Fear of being right or wrong because of what you would like to post to the List, but for some reason are afraid to post do not help the rest of us understand what is being discussed.

I have always felt the Kolb List was one big family. Right or wrong, we are still family. When I post my thoughts and feelings about my experiences or what I prefer, I feel it is my right to be able to do that without being attacked for it. Same as anybody else feels about their posts. If I like the engine I fly with, it is my right to have that preference. If you don't like it, it is also completely alright. Doesn't mean that I am bad mouthing anybody else's stuff.

Come on gang, let's be big boys and girls and try to carry on a decent discussion without feeling we are right or wrong, or somebody is going to dump on us because of our feelings and preferences. By chance if they do, hit the delete button and drive on. I am a slow learner................

I am as interested in alternative power for Kolbs as anyone else on the Kolb List. Because I fly with a Kolb powered by a Rotax does not take away from my natural curosity to learn about other means of power.

I have recently gotten involved with antique tractors, but I don't fight with folks that drive Dodge or Ford trucks because I drive a Nissan pickup. Nor do I bad mouth my friend that owns a different brand tractor than mine. There is a lot to learn from everyone, the good, the bad, the right and the wrong.

I want to encourage everyone to post to the List about what they are doing and how they are doing it. I have been accused of burning up most of the band width on the Kolb List, and maybe I do. Maybe if some more of you all would sit down and do some sharing instead of complaining, we could all benefit by it and I would not be so wordy. Smile

Take care my friends,

john h
hauck's holler, alabama
MKIII/912ULS

--------
John Hauck
MKIII/912ULS
hauck's holler, alabama

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=3352#3352

---------------------------------
Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Don G

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolb List Participation Reply with quote

YEssiree..ditto here men...John H says it pretty well I think..and I appreciate his experience an awful lot. ANd your way of speaking JOhn..or typeing, does not bother me abit.
As for me...I dont care if anyone thinks I might be wrong whenever I expand on a subject, and I sure dont mind anyone to say so.
Heck, how boreing would it be if we all had the same take on everything...besides the fact I could be mistaken and might not have thought it all out without someone jarring me into a brain exercize!..

"If we all stood in a circle around the pond, one thing is for sure, we all would see the same water from a different angle!"

Don G

Luscombe 8A
RV9A
John Jung

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Kolb List Participation Reply with quote

John H and Group,

Are you referring to messages that are sent off-list? If not, I don't know why you feel this way. Maybe I have missed something, but as a list member for almost 10 years, I would like to add some perspective:

Without a doubt, you contribute more value to this list than any other member. You not only have the most experience, but it very generous of you to spend so much time sharing with the list.

This is the time of year (winter) that we tend to be more easily irritated.

You post the most, so if someone is going to get irritated by the list, you are more likely the source.

You tend to defend your ideas so strongly that others can feel like they are being told that they are wrong. By "strongly", I mean repeating yourself, especially repeating how many Kolb hours you have.

Recently, it appeared that a newer member replyed to the list, quoting something that was said about you off-list. If this is what happened, you have a right to be upset. But it did not lower my opinion of you. It did kill my opinion of the newer list member.

John Jung

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Kolb List Participation Reply with quote

Group,

This list is like family to me, too, and I just want us all to get along.

lstavenhagen(at)hotmail.c

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Kolb List Participation Reply with quote

Quote:
Recently, it appeared that a newer member replyed to the list, quoting
something that was said about you off-list. If this is what happened, you
have a right to be upset. But it did not lower my opinion of you. It did
kill my opinion of the newer list member.

You're probably referring to a PM that I recieved and accidentally ended up
sending to the list.
I of course apologized to the original sender and did what I could to debug
how that happened.

Unfortunately, his subsequent reply appeared to gloss over the apology and
accuse me of doing it deliberately, tempting me to withdraw my apology to
him (though I won't do so at this time since I may be inferring something
that wasn't actually there).

Apart from that, I do apologize to John and the list for that unfortunate
accident and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

LS
N646F

Kirk Smith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolb List Participation Reply with quote

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:36 am Post subject: Kolb List Participation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
referring to a PM that I recieved and accidentally ended up
sending to the list.
did what I could to debug
how that happened.

Unfortunate......I have to agree that you do have a bug somewhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: