Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AvGas Available at local MoGas Stations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> LycomingEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ralphmariafinch(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: AvGas Available at local MoGas Stations Reply with quote

Pretty sure that's where they had put jet fuel, not 100LL, into the car gas tanks at the stations.

RF

On Dec 13, 2012, at 6:19, FLYaDIVE <flyadive(at)gmail.com (flyadive(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]Gang:

I was just informed of an article in the NEWARK STAR LEDGER (NEWARK, NJ NEWSPAPER), Page 21.
Gas Stations being shut down because they are selling AVIATION GAS!!!

Too bad I did not know which station were selling it... I would have loaded up! Especially at $3.60 a Gallon. <-- High Test. Maybe it was in the REGULAR Pumps at $3.26 a Gallon???
But, the questions have to be asked:
1 - If there is so much control over AvGas <--- So they say as to keep prices high. Where was the control on the delivery?
2 - Was AvGAs put into uncontrolled MoGas delivery vehicles?
3 - Was MoGas put into uncontrolled AvGas delivery vehicles?
4 - Have the Controlled Delivery Vehicles now been contaminated with MoGas?
5 - OMG ! ! ! ... What will our Ever Vigilant EPA do now that LEAD is being burned by surface vehicles? And...
6 - Who picks up the $TAB$ on the destroyed Catalytic Converters. <--- NJ in all their wisdom has done away with automobile inspection. Except for EMISSIONS TESTING. So, if your car fails and you don't even know you had a load of AvGas who pays for the repairs??? AND even if you do know... WHO PAYS!

No coffee as yet so these are the only questions I can come up with at this time.
Maybe you have a few to ask?

Barry
Quote:

[b]

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
harley(at)agelesswings.co

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: AvGas Available at local MoGas Stations Reply with quote

Yep, it was...the report I heard here on my local station said it was jet-a...the cars that filled up with it quit running.  I doubt we would have heard many complaints if they had filled up with 100LL!

Harley
On 12/13/2012 9:31 AM, Ralph & Maria Finch wrote:

[quote] Pretty sure that's where they had put jet fuel, not 100LL, into the car gas tanks at the stations. 

RF

On Dec 13, 2012, at 6:19, FLYaDIVE <flyadive(at)gmail.com (flyadive(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Gang:

I was just informed of an article in the NEWARK STAR LEDGER (NEWARK, NJ NEWSPAPER), Page 21.

Gas Stations being shut down because they are selling AVIATION GAS!!!

Too bad I did not know which station were selling it... I would have loaded up!  Especially at $3.60 a Gallon. <-- High Test.  Maybe it was in the REGULAR Pumps at $3.26 a Gallon???
But, the questions have to be asked:
1 - If there is so much control over AvGas <--- So they say as to keep prices high.  Where was the control on the delivery?
2 - Was AvGAs put into uncontrolled MoGas delivery vehicles?
3 - Was MoGas put into uncontrolled AvGas delivery vehicles?
4 - Have the Controlled Delivery Vehicles now been contaminated with MoGas?
5 - OMG ! ! ! ... What will our Ever Vigilant EPA do now that LEAD is being burned by surface vehicles? And...
6 - Who picks up the $TAB$ on the destroyed Catalytic Converters. <--- NJ in all their wisdom has done away with automobile inspection.  Except for EMISSIONS TESTING.  So, if your car fails and you don't even know you had a load of AvGas who pays for the repairs???  AND even if you do know... WHO PAYS!

No coffee as yet so these are the only questions I can come up with at this time.
Maybe you have a few to ask?

Barry
Quote:

[b]

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> LycomingEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: