Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pietenpol-List: 4.jpg 640-480 pixels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pietenpol-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack(at)textors.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Pietenpol-List: 4.jpg 640-480 pixels Reply with quote

That makes sense...

Jack Textor
Des Moines, IA
--

- The Matronics Pietenpol-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List
ChiefH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: 4.jpg 640�-480 pixels Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

The picture is of N4089P, built by Dave Adams, based at KGWW.

I purchased it in somewhat flying condition and have spent many hours making it my own. Mostly minor mods such as installing a handheld radio bracket and putting a PTT in the stick.

As to the speculation:

The engine is a Franklin 4AC-199E, 90hp. Electric start, though no electric system. The black box low down behind the engine is a battery that takes ground power to charge and is used to start the engine and operate the handheld. A full charge will crank the engine more times than I have had need of as yet.

The brake pedal thing is, in fact, a brake pedal thing. Operated by cable to heel brakes. There are two independent brake systems, right and left.

There is no fuel primer system. The carb has an accelerator pump that does the job nicely.

The wing is a Clark Y.

The only "lead in the tail" is in the pilots tail. She balances nicely on the ground but I am told it is a "little" nose heavy in flight. I have not taken it up myself but hope to get a test pilot to take it up for me soon and do the initial evaluation of the rigging. I had to take the wings off to transport it to its current location and being a low time Sport Pilot with no time in a Piet, I thought it prudent to have a test pilot do an evaluation for me. Volunteers?

Any and all questions will be answered to the best of my limited ability.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Sky Scout.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.36 KB
 Viewed:  2117 Time(s)

Sky Scout.jpg

taildrags

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: 4.jpg 640�-480 pixels Reply with quote

Based at KGWW... Goldsboro, North Carolina. You have some experienced Piet pilots in your region, and my guess is that one of them would be willing to test your airplane.

A75 power, 72x36 Culver prop
biplan53

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: 4.jpg 640�-480 pixels Reply with quote

I stand corrected!! I thought it had to pump something, never thought someone would put master cylinder on other side of firewall.

shadetree(at)socket.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Pietenpol-List: 4.jpg 640-480 pixels Reply with quote

Maybe it is set up to hold the brakes while propping from behind the
propeller.
Mike McGowan

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pietenpol-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: