Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lightning progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EAFerguson(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Lightning progress Reply with quote

To the list.

The new fuselage design is in. Four of the revised fuselages have arrived in Shelbyville. I spent Monday (6/12) there with Nick changing parts over to my new fuselage.

We made great progress. Good part of that was the learning curve effect. I didn't have to ask many questions and, as a result we got many of the parts changed over. A very productive day. Nick is hoping to send the new fuselage to the paint shop Tomorrow (Wed).

I'll go back to Shelbyville when the paint is dry for final assembly. First flight could be by the end of this month. Please take whatever action your religion calls for to provide divine support.

Not much visual difference, but the new fuselage is 30# lighter, and almost all the weight reduction is aft of the cockpit. Pete estimates that will move the CG about 1.5" forward. That will be a big help in W & B and will reduce the pitch sensitivity a bit. Buz likes the pitch sensitivity, but us non-fighter pilots will be more comfortable with the new results.

Life is short, Fly Fast  (and soon)

Earl Ferguson
N17EA

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
rollnloop(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Lightning progress Reply with quote

Great to hear Earl!
I will be sure to ask for you some "divine support"... Cool
Any other differences in the "new" fuselages????(structure or interior?)

Thanks for the news, I am like a starved animal waiting to hear some news on
the Lightning's...This is what I get for getting involved early on with a
new design!
Best to 'ya,
Rick

Quote:
Reply-To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com
To: Lightning-List(at)matronics.com
Subject: Lightning progress
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:46:51 EDT

To the list.

The new fuselage design is in. Four of the revised fuselages have arrived
in
Shelbyville. I spent Monday (6/12) there with Nick changing parts over to
my
new fuselage.

We made great progress. Good part of that was the learning curve effect. I
didn't have to ask many questions and, as a result we got many of the parts
changed over. A very productive day. Nick is hoping to send the new
fuselage to
the paint shop Tomorrow (Wed).

I'll go back to Shelbyville when the paint is dry for final assembly. First
flight could be by the end of this month. Please take whatever action your
religion calls for to provide divine support.

Not much visual difference, but the new fuselage is 30# lighter, and almost
all the weight reduction is aft of the cockpit. Pete estimates that will
move
the CG about 1.5" forward. That will be a big help in W & B and will reduce
the
pitch sensitivity a bit. Buz likes the pitch sensitivity, but us
non-fighter
pilots will be more comfortable with the new results.

Life is short, Fly Fast (and soon)

Earl Ferguson
N17EA

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

N1BZRich(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Lightning progress Reply with quote

Earl,    
    Thanks for the update.  I know you are excited to see all this progress.  And the new lighter fuselage is a great thing for both CG and total aircraft weight.  Do you have your paint colors and paint scheme all picked out?  How about your instrument panel layout?  All of that stuff is fun to do.
Blue Skies,
Buz

vanheeswyk(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Lightning progress Reply with quote

Earl, thanks very much for the progress report. I spoke with Greg Hobbs earlier this evening, and I am told one of those fuselages has my name on it. My kit should be shipping in the next couple of weeks. I can't express how anxious I am to get going. In fact, Pete and the gang shipped my instument panel a few weeks ago, and I have it about ready to install. I don't have the EIS yet, so there is just a hole where it will reside, and I need to cut the holes for the air vents (not sure if the location is critical, and don't know the size, or it would be done by now). I had several British sports cars while growing up and liked the looks of the panels, so my Lightning panel has a wood veneer. I also have a hunk of leather just waiting to become upholstrey (ala Buz). My Lightning will be one of the first built outside Shelbyville, so I'm sure I will be seeking guidance from all of you experts..

Thanks in advance for the advice and counsel.

Regards,
Jerry Van Heeswyk

[quote] ---

N111KX (Kip)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Lightning progress Reply with quote

Looks great, Earl! Thanks for the info at Yahoo to get everyone over here...

Kip (Kolb List member too)

Quickie 1, N111QX
Atlanta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: