Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne42patterson(at)gmail

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Greetings everyone

I received Kit #65 in August of 2008. Last Thursday 27 March 2014 it took off on its first flight from runway 23 at Serpentine, Western Australia. Peter Mitchell (Lightning owner) kindly piloted the first flight for me. After a quick 10 minute shake-down he landed to pick me up (to act as flight test information recorder – as is permitted in Australia). A few bugs to fix, but overall it flew beautifully ..

A big thanks to the guys at the Arion factory who answered all build questions promptly, to Dennis B in SA, and Ed S & Peter T (Lightning owner) at the Sports Aircraft Builders Club in Serpentine.

Cheers!

Wayne Patterson
Western Australia

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
stephenbehn(at)bigpond.co

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Hi Wayne,
Congratulations, Fantastic!!! and doesn't it look beautiful.
Steve Behn
Lightning 69 still with a long way to go.
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

IFLYSMODEL(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Hey Wayne: Congratulations on your accomplishment. She is a beautiful jet. Enjoy many happy hours in her.
Lynn

In a message dated 3/31/2014 4:36:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, wayne42patterson(at)gmail.com writes:
Quote:

Greetings everyone

I received Kit #65 in August of 2008. Last Thursday 27 March 2014 it took off on its first flight from runway 23 at Serpentine, Western Australia. Peter Mitchell (Lightning owner) kindly piloted the first flight for me. After a quick 10 minute shake-down he landed to pick me up (to act as flight test information recorder – as is permitted in Australia). A few bugs to fix, but overall it flew beautifully ...

A big thanks to the guys at the Arion factory who answered all build questions promptly, to Dennis B in SA, and Ed S & Peter T (Lightning owner) at the Sports Aircraft Builders Club in Serpentine.

Cheers!

Wayne Patterson
Western Australia

[quote][b]

mozart1(at)ctemail.net.au

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Hi Wayne,

Good job, congratulation to your maiden flight. You got one of a very special aircraft, I always followed you on kitlog which is also a big help with your detailed report for my build.

Regards
Michael Gugl

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Wayne Patterson
Sent: Monday, 31 March 2014 6:32 PM
To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last .....

Greetings everyone

I received Kit #65 in August of 2008. Last Thursday 27 March 2014 it took off on its first flight from runway 23 at Serpentine, Western Australia. Peter Mitchell (Lightning owner) kindly piloted the first flight for me. After a quick 10 minute shake-down he landed to pick me up (to act as flight test information recorder – as is permitted in Australia). A few bugs to fix, but overall it flew beautifully ..

Cheers!

Wayne Patterson
Western Australia

[quote][b]

n45bm(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Hello Wayne,
Congratulations! I've enjoyed talking with you and following your build log, which has been very helpful. Thanks too for the info you provided to me on the wing steps. Now go out and enjoy your beautiful Lightning.
Regards,
Bernardo Melendez
kit #110

To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 3:32 AM
Subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ......

Greetings everyone

I received Kit #65 in August of 2008. Last Thursday 27 March 2014 it took off on its first flight from runway 23 at Serpentine, Western Australia. Peter Mitchell (Lightning owner) kindly piloted the first flight for me. After a quick 10 minute shake-down he landed to pick me up (to act as flight test information recorder – as is permitted in Australia). A few bugs to fix, but overall it flew beautifully ...

Cheers!

Wayne Patterson
Western Australia

[quote][b]

n5pb(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Wayne,
Congratulations, your perseverance paid off. Your "jet" looks beautiful.
Hope you have alot of fun flying it..

Bear
N82PB

--

ritchie(at)wave.co.nz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Great looking aircraft Wayne and congratulations. Trust you enjoy
flying your little beauty as much as I enjoy flying kit #48
Kind regards,
Ron Ritchie

On 31/03/2014 20:32, Wayne Patterson wrote:
Quote:
Greetings everyone

I received Kit #65 in August of 2008. Last Thursday 27 March 2014 it
took off on its first flight from runway 23 at Serpentine, Western
Australia. Peter Mitchell (Lightning owner) kindly piloted the first
flight for me. After a quick 10 minute shake-down he landed to pick
me
up (to act as flight test information recorder - as is permitted in
Australia). A few bugs to fix, but overall it flew beautifully ...

A big thanks to the guys at the Arion factory who answered all build
questions promptly, to Dennis B in SA, and Ed S & Peter T (Lightning
owner) at the Sports Aircraft Builders Club in Serpentine.

Cheers!

Wayne Patterson

Western Australia

wayne42patterson(at)gmail

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive comments everyone - greatly appreciated! When I have debugged everything and finished my flight testing I'll start some touring around Western Australia, then across Australia - and I'll send some flight photos though.

Kindest regards

Wayne Patterson
Perth, Western Australia

Roman111

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Long way finished! Congratulations! Your plane looks very nice! Welcome to Lightning pilots family!
How about tour to Russia after cross Australia? Very Happy

n1bzrich(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Congratulations Wayne. Beautiful jet. You should be here in Florida at Sun N Fun and I'm sure it would win an award. Enjoy flying it.
Blue skies,
Buz

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 31, 2014, at 8:16 PM, "Wayne Patterson" <wayne42patterson(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for the positive comments everyone - greatly appreciated! When I have debugged everything and finished my flight testing I'll start some touring around Western Australia, then across Australia - and I'll send some flight photos though.

Kindest regards

Wayne Patterson
Perth, Western Australia

landonp(at)bigpond.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

On 31/03/2014 7:32 PM, Wayne Patterson wrote:

Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Greetings everyone

Cheers!

Wayne Patterson
Western Australia

Hi Wayne
Well Done mate.
She looks great.
And lots of flying pleasure coming up !

Blue skys

Bruce Keen (#31)
[quote][b]

dwwilt

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Kit #65 heads to the sky at last ...... Reply with quote

Wayne,

I would like to make your jet the Lightning of the quarter for my first newsletter. If you have read the last one, you know that Buz has handed over the reigns to me and I want to make the first one a good one. If you could send me some nice pictures and a little blurb about the plane and how it is flying, I would appreciate it. I want to complete the newsletter before the end of May, so if you could get me something next week, I would truly appreciate it. My e-mail is dwwilt(at)aol.com.

Thanks much,

Dennis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: