Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avionics Wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim.gilliatt(at)att.net

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Avionics Wiring Reply with quote

Hi All,
I am installing a Bendix KX155 transceiver, a Bendix KT 76A transponder,
a Dynon EFIS D100 and a PM500EX intercom in a Series 7 with a
Continental IO240. Can anyone supply me with a wiring diagram for this
configuration? It has to be plain to a 6 year old; I have all the
installation manuals, and they are mostly Greek to the uninformed; I am
floundering around like a beginner, which I am. I may have bitten off
more that I can chew, but I'll be a monkey's uncle if I'll it give up.
At least I'm learning a whole lot.
Thanks,
Jim Gilliatt
Rhode Island

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
peteohms

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Avionics Wiring Reply with quote

Your best bet is someone in your EAA chapter. We have someone in our chapter. People usually end up hiring him due to complexity.

Pete
Leander, Tx

Quote:
On Jul 12, 2014, at 6:14 PM, Jim Gilliatt <jim.gilliatt(at)att.net> wrote:

Hi All,
I am installing a Bendix KX155 transceiver, a Bendix KT 76A transponder, a Dynon EFIS D100 and a PM500EX intercom in a Series 7 with a Continental IO240. Can anyone supply me with a wiring diagram for this configuration? It has to be plain to a 6 year old; I have all the installation manuals, and they are mostly Greek to the uninformed; I am floundering around like a beginner, which I am. I may have bitten off more that I can chew, but I'll be a monkey's uncle if I'll it give up.
Thanks,
Jim Gilliatt
Rhode Island

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

MDKitfox(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Avionics Wiring Reply with quote

Jim,
I would second what Pete suggested regarding the EAA Chapter for help. However, if you want to, or have to, go it alone I would recommend the electrical book (available online) by Bob Nuckols (I may have misspelled his name). Another suggestion is to call Steinair and they may be able to make a schematic, for a price.
For what it's worth, grounds go to a common ground, best on the firewall. Power runs thru circuit breakers to a 'bus' connected to a power source. The audio jack's come with diagrams that show which wires go where on the transceiver and fortunately for you, there aren't to many other interconnects. The Dynon manuals are excellent and make wiring easy. I'm sure once you get going you'll really enjoy it. The finished product is very satisfying and worth the pain of learning.
If you are coming to Oshkosh, EAA has hundreds of forums on the subject and all the manufacturers are there - and are always helpful.

I'd be glad to help as best I can. I'm no expert on the subject, but I've wired a couple of planes, one of which is somewhat complex. On initial power up, no smoke escaped from the wires:-)

Rick Weiss
Series V - Dynon Skyview, ADS-B, and Mode S with an iCom A210. Powered by a Rotax 912ULS

Port Orange, FL
mdkitfox(at)aol.com

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jul 12, 2014, at 4:14 PM, Jim Gilliatt <jim.gilliatt(at)att.net> wrote:

Hi All,
I am installing a Bendix KX155 transceiver, a Bendix KT 76A transponder, a Dynon EFIS D100 and a PM500EX intercom in a Series 7 with a Continental IO240. Can anyone supply me with a wiring diagram for this configuration? It has to be plain to a 6 year old; I have all the installation manuals, and they are mostly Greek to the uninformed; I am floundering around like a beginner, which I am. I may have bitten off more that I can chew, but I'll be a monkey's uncle if I'll it give up.
Thanks,
Jim Gilliatt
Rhode Island

Guy Buchanan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Avionics Wiring Reply with quote

Your best bet is to cross post this to the Aeroelectric list, also on Matronics. Sign up here, same as you did for the Kitfox list. Unless you get lucky here, you'll have better odds there.

Guy Buchanan
Ramona, CA
Kitfox IV-1200 / 912-S / Warp 3cs / 500 hrs. and grounded
Now a glider pilot, too.

On 7/12/2014 4:14 PM, Jim Gilliatt wrote:

[quote]--> Kitfox-List message posted by: Jim Gilliatt <jim.gilliatt(at)att.net> (jim.gilliatt(at)att.net)

Hi All,
Thanks,
Jim Gilliatt
Rhode Island

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: