Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max CHT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matronics(at)rtist.nl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Max CHT Reply with quote

Note that there are different published ranges depending on the serial number and type of the engine. The early manuals (JEM3301-2) for solid lifter engines with thick-finned heads list 150C (302F) cruise and 175C (347F) climb temperatures. Later manuals (JEM3304-6) for engines with thin-finned heads and hydraulic lifters list 180C (356F) cruise and 200C (392F) climb.

In all circumstances, cooler is better. I would be very worried running my engine at those temperatures. When in doubt, follow the tech tip at US Jabiru or Jabiru service bulleting JSB016, available from the Jabiru website.

Rob

On 8/25/2014 5:59 PM, Tim Yoder wrote:

[quote] Bobby,

Go to www.usjabiru.com select Tec. Support then Engine Tec Tips then Jabiru USA Tips on Airduct Instillation Scroll down to Jabiru Engine Cooling 101: Adjusting Your Installation. Cruise 2850 RPM 270F to 300F.

I hope this helps,

Tim

From: owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Tim Yoder
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 7:34 AM
To: jabiruengine-list(at)matronics.com (jabiruengine-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: RE: Re: JabiruEngine-List Digest: 2 Msgs - 08/23/14

Bobby,

I'll see if I can find the source and report. However, If your head bolts are passing the 20# torque test I wouldn't be concerned about the temps. If some of the bolts move I would try to improve the cooling to those heads.

Tim

From: owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net (BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net)
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 6:05 AM
To: Server, JabiruEngine-List Digest
Subject: Re: JabiruEngine-List Digest: 2 Msgs - 08/23/14

Tim,

Where did you get the information about 304 F. Maximum in cruise. I thought it was 356 F max continuous.

I have a 3300 that #5 & #6 cylinders run 310 and 320 F in cruise at 2700 ~ 2800 RPM. I have to pull back to 2450 to get them under
300 degrees.

Am I going to ruin my engine by cruising at 320 F. ??

Bobby ( age 76 )
Zodiac 601 XL "B"
Jabiru 3300 S/N 1141
Sensenich 64" x 51" Prop
Bing Carb 260 Main & 290 Needle Jet
Status - Flying 222 hrs.

Do Not Archive

Quote:

ist">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
ics.com
.matronics.com/contribution

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
Quote:

ist">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
ics.com
.matronics.com/contribution

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
Quote:

[b]

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: