Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulsar kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregsmi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Pulsar kit Reply with quote

Guys, I have located a complete, Aerodesigns, Pulsar XP kit. It is the fast build kit as shipped from the factory, complete minus the 912 engine with no builder work done. The wings have the leading edge attached and the tanks are ready to be closed but should be coated again. These are the composite spar with composite wing skins and the top skin is already in place. The fuselage halves have been joined.

Missing from the kit is the two sheets of flat composite material which is no big deal. All hardware appears to be there including engine mount for the 912.

Here's the deal, the owner wants to sell it, is never going to build it. We, as a group could purchase the kit and use it for glass plugs to make replacement parts for our aircraft. The second option is to list it and let someone purchase it, build it, and enjoy flying this great aircraft.

So, if there is enough interest for the group to own it I will make arrangements to purchase it and work on locating a shop that can make some molds for us. This will not be a cheap endeavor, besides the cost of the kit, each time a part is needed, the purchaser will have to buy the mold and part and donate the mold to the group, and there is the issue of forming a limited liability, not for profit, entity to manage the assets, no small task. I would want help with this project, if we decide to do it, I will need help with organizing and running this adventure. At no time would this be a kit manufacture, this would be strictly to support those that are building or flying.

Give it some thought and please feel free to ask questions and present ideas. To me, this is a way to insure you can get the replacement parts you need to keep flying. I do not think you will ever get your money back, unless you are one of the unfortunate ones that has a mishap and needs composite parts to repair the aircraft.

Maybe this is just too weird of an idea. I have tried for years, to purchase the Pulsar tooling in Central America, but that appears to be impossible, so this may be the only way we will ever be assured of having the parts needed to keep our planes flying.

Let me know what you think. I could purchase the kit and part it out too, and may take that approach if we do not have any better ideas.

Greg
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: