Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

701&750 wings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frank goodnight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: 701&750 wings Reply with quote

Hi all,
After watching Joe Spencer's 701 preform a month or so ago, I decided to
make a winter project of incorporating those changes into my 701(Bennie Mod-Slatless wing-
& a symmetrical tail) Also from personal experience I think the 701 could use a bit more wing. I have heard of someone that put a750 wing on a 701. As I don't think I am qualified to make structural changes to the original wing , it seems like this would be the best way for me to go. If it is doable I will order a 750 wing kit from Zenith and go from there.If there is anyone one that has
made this changeover or knows where i can find the the necessary info please contact me , i need to know what is involved before making the commitment . E-Mail or phone 479-236-1121
Thank for any help, advice , or comments either negative or positive.
Thanks Frank
Sent from my iPad

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
dougsnash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: 701&750 wings Reply with quote

Frank, I would not want to comment on the structural changes you are proposing for your plane beyond saying proceed with extreme caution because you are stepping way outside the original design envelope of the 701. There may be many gotchas in what you are proposing that are not obvious to us thumbnail engineers. I am not sure how much help Caleb can provide for analysing such a significant change to a 701 but finding an aeronautical engineer to check your design changes is highly recommended.
Warnings aside, might you not be better off going with the cruiser wing rather than the STOL 750 wing? You sound like you are planning slattless anyway so why not go with the better wing? You are essentially planning a 701 Cruzer anyway so you may as well install the Cruzer wing. I suspect the wing is not going to be a direct bolt on replacement but without comparing the plans, cannot say for sure.
Good luck with your project and proceed with extreme caution.
Doug M

To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2014 9:26 AM
Subject: 701&750 wings

--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: Frank Goodnight <frank.goodnight(at)att.net (frank.goodnight(at)att.net)>

Hi all,
After watching Joe Spencer's 701 preform a month or so ago, I decided to
make a winter project of incorporating those changes into my 701(Bennie Mod-Slatless wing-
& a symmetrical tail) Also from personal experience I think the 701 could use a bit more wing. I have heard of someone that put a750 wing on a 701. As I don't think I am qualified to make structural changes to the original wing , it seems like this would be the best way for me to go. If it is doable I will order a 750 wing kit from Zenith and go from there.If there is anyone one that has
made this changeover or knows where i can find the the necessary info please contact me , i need to know what is involved before making the commitment . E-Mail or phone 479-236-1121
Thank for any help, advice , or comments either negative or positive.
Thanks Frank
Sent from my iPad

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dcstrng

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 701&750 wings Reply with quote

Doable, but not a direct bolt-on as the spar spacing is not the same... further the 701 fuselage is clearly not designed to handle the loads which the 750 wing can -- spar carry-through, verticals and the like... get both sets of plans, study the heck out of them and you'll see this is not beyond reason -- but will need some thought... there is one of these combos in its "kit" phase beginning to materialize in the shop out back...

The usual caveats -- am not an engineer, AP, CFI, gardner, professional mechanic, internet icon, janitor, midwife or anything else you'd be wise to trust -- in other words, not for use at home, do your own research you're on your own...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: