Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions from my 'annual'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> LycomingEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Questions from my 'annual' Reply with quote

As part of my recent 'annual', I swapped the plugs upper for lower after cleaning and regapping.
The #2 lower plug looked like some of the plating was peeling from the outside of the body. The uppers looked brand new.
Is this 'plate-peeling' indicative of excessive heat at the plug - or maybe a defect in manufacturing? The CHTs all run between 350 and 375 and within five degrees of each other so I am leaning to a manufacturing defect....

Further along in the inspection process, the #1 intake tube from the head to the intake/sump is marked as "AEL70485 Rev C" but the rubber tube that connects the two appears to be short. Is the intake tube the correct number? Where can I get the material that the rubber connecting tubes are made from in bulk? It looks like reinforced radiator hose - with an aircraft part number. I would like to make that one a quarter inch longer - unless the metal tube is the wrong one and too short.

Low time IO360B1F6 - fairly regularly run. Compression tests - 79/80 on all four. Oil temps 180-190.
RV6A with Sam James cowl and plenum. LASAR ignition and AFP injection. Turning a MTV12B 183-59 three blade MT prop.

Thoughts please,
Ralph

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Questions from my 'annual' Reply with quote

I got the answer to one of my questions - the AEL70485 is the correct part number for the intake tube. Still looking to find out where I can get the bulk material that the 69603 part (rubber connecting tube - 1 3/4"ID x 2 3/16"OD x 1 3/4" long) is cut from.

Also still looking to find out if anyone else has experienced their spark plug exterior plating peeling off?!

Thanks,
Ralph Capen

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Dale Ensing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Questions from my 'annual' Reply with quote

Yes Ralph. I have experienced the peeling of the exterior plating on spark plugs. I continued using the plugs with no known effects. It did make me question the overall quality of the plugs...

Dale Ensing

On Jun 8, 2015, at 11:25, "Ralph E. Capen" <recapen(at)earthlink.net> wrote:

[quote]

I got the answer to one of my questions - the AEL70485 is the correct part number for the intake tube. Still looking to find out where I can get the bulk material that the 69603 part (rubber connecting tube - 1 3/4"ID x 2 3/16"OD x 1 3/4" long) is cut from.

Also still looking to find out if anyone else has experienced their spark plug exterior plating peeling off?!

Thanks,
Ralph Capen

--

Weddington NC
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Questions from my 'annual' Reply with quote

Thanks Dale!

I flew two hours yesterday after swapping them upper for lower. In a few months / next time I have the cowl off - I'll look at the ones I put down there...they lived in the plenum nicely...but a different brand (Tempest).

Ralph

--

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Questions from my 'annual' Reply with quote

Got another of the questions answered....

Found the Mil-Spec hose at SkyGeek and another lister sent a listing for McMaster-Carr

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> LycomingEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: