Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tilt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Tilt Reply with quote

List

Below is the exact wording (copied and pasted ) from "Tuning the Bing Carburetor on the Jabiru Engine"

"As the flow speeds into the intake manifold it is split left and right by
a symmetrical airfoil called a diffuser. If, for instance, the airflow spirals in a clockwise
movement as it progresses through the carb throat it will pick up fuel at the bottom of
the throat and begin moving the fuel to the left. Before the fuel is evenly spread
through the incoming air stream the flow hits the diffuser and splits left and right. The
result is that the fuel /. Air mixture delivered to the left side (cylinders 2,4,6) has more
fuel in it (richer) than that delivered to the right side (1,3,5). The left side will be leaner
– therefore hotter EGT’s. By rotating the bottom of the carb toward the right (hot side)
you move the fuel pickup toward the right."
I am confused about what they are saying. IF the left side is "richer" and has more fuel in it it should be COOLER.

The left side will NOT be leaner. The last sentence should be correct.

So I tilt the BOTTOM of the Carb toward my hot cylinder #6 and should cool it a bit??
bobby
[quote][b]

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
ftyoder(at)yoderbuilt.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Tilt Reply with quote

As I understand it, you have only one hot cyl. #6 . If you tilt the bottom of the carb to the left all three cylinders should run cooler, 2,4 and 6. If 2 and 4 are good, you may have another issue with #6. Maybe an induction leak or???

Tim

From: owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:43 AM
To: Server, JabiruEngine-List Digest
Subject: Tilt

List

Below is the exact wording (copied and pasted ) from "Tuning the Bing Carburetor on the Jabiru Engine"

a symmetrical airfoil called a diffuser. If, for instance, the airflow spirals in a clockwise
movement as it progresses through the carb throat it will pick up fuel at the bottom of
the throat and begin moving the fuel to the left. Before the fuel is evenly spread
through the incoming air stream the flow hits the diffuser and splits left and right. The
result is that the fuel /. Air mixture delivered to the left side (cylinders 2,4,6) has more
fuel in it (richer) than that delivered to the right side (1,3,5). The left side will be leaner
– therefore hotter EGT’s. By rotating the bottom of the carb toward the right (hot side)

I am confused about what they are saying. IF the left side is "richer" and has more fuel in it it should be COOLER.

So I tilt the BOTTOM of the Carb toward  my hot cylinder #6 and should cool it a bit??

bobby
Quote:

ist">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
ics.com
.matronics.com/contribution

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

matronics(at)rtist.nl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Tilt Reply with quote

There must be a typo there. I think where it now reads "The left side will be leaner", it should have read "The right side will be leaner".

This document came from Pete Krotje (USJabiru) who definitely knows what he's talking about. He wrote a shorter version which does explain it properly. Must be a slip of the pen.

Rob

On 6/10/2015 3:43 PM, BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net (BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net) wrote:

[quote] List

So I tilt the BOTTOM of the Carb toward  my hot cylinder #6 and should cool it a bit??

bobby 

Quote:

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: