Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering purchasing a Pulsar 582

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jowens

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Considering purchasing a Pulsar 582 Reply with quote

Hello list,
I am considering purchasing, or at least dreaming about purchasing a pulsar I/582 and I have a few questions:
-Is there anyone in Minnesota willing to give me a demo ride in their pulsar? (I'm in Rochester, MN)

-How noisy is in the cockpit and to people on the ground? I don't want to be the noisy airplane people call the airport about.

-Is it practical to remove the wings and trailer the airplane? I live about 5 miles from the airport with asphalt back roads to get there. Do you have to remove the seats to install the wing bolts and connect the controls?

-Is there concern with getting the wings installed with the exact same incidence every time?

The reason for the trailer is to save some money as well as work on/inspect the airplane during the first year of ownership. After the first year I will probably switch to a hangar.

-I noticed a post on cabin heat being adequate for the pilot but marginal for the passenger. Are some pulsar's built with no cabin heat at all?

-How difficult is it to install dual throttles in the pulsar with a rotax 582?

-I'm 5'7", 145 pounds (mention just because some may wonder about useful load with a wood spar wing), are the rudder pedals adjustable at all? Major rework?

I'm new to the list, a little information about me: I started flying at 16 and logged 300 hours (120 hours in a warrior, 180 in a c150), my last PIC time was 1995. My ten year old son is very interested in aviation after attending Oshkosh this year. He wants to learn to fly so I'd like to have dual controls so he can have the full experience. Center stick is good enough, dual throttle would be nice for flight reviews as well. I realize the pulsar will not be his trainer but for 6 years he could get a lot of great experience in the right seat.

I fly large scale Radio Control airplanes for many years and accept the pains of setup and take down before and after flying.

Expected mission: Cross country flights around 170 miles and local flights

Why the Pulsar I? I like the center tank versus wing tanks for trailering. I hope to take the airplane to schools and events to expose people to aviation. No fuel pumps versus wing tanks, I love the look of the airplane, economic, small, auto gas versus avgas, speed, bubble canopy is a big selling point for me, I want to see it all and not looking around big posts or wings.

I realize the Pulsar III is preferred with the bigger engine and engine options but the price, mission, and availability of the I is a better fit for me. The nose wheel issues recently posted have me a bit worried.

Thanks,
Jim Owens
Rochester, MN

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: