Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Issues on Maiden Flight - HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Multiple Issues on Maiden Flight - HELP Reply with quote

I am reposting this email to Allegro in the hopes that some Allegro fans might help me resolve these issues. Photos are attached.

Good Morning Doug,

I had my maiden flight this past Saturday and found that the 2007 Allegro N8097D flies very well. There are however a couple of issues that I hope you can help us with.

1) the last time we spoke you indicated that there is a kit to convert the tail mounted pitot tube to a wing or strut mounted pitot tube. I'd like to know details on how I can procure this kit. The ASI varies wildy 10 to 15 mph in slow flight. Please let me know where I can buy this conversion kit with instruction as well as the cost and delivery.

2) My CFI and I smelled fuel in the cockpit at slow flight. After further investigation I found a puddle under the floor board originating from the fuel tank outlet connection assembly. Attached below are photos of the assembly and a piece of what looks like the remnant of a nylon compression gasket. Of course I have no drawings of how this assembly goes together and no list of parts. This fuel leak may have simply come from a deteriorated compression gasket. The gascolator and filter in the gascolator are in good condition and very clean. Please let me know if there is a nylon compression gasket that should fit up against the screwed fitting coming out of the fuel tank. Also, in retracting the fuel pick up tube from the tank, I'm not able to get it completely out. I assume there is a filter of some sort at the end of the pick up tube which locates at the low point in the fuselage tank. This will have to be disassembled to install a new nylon gasket if that is in fact the arrangement that is needed. Please advise me on how to correct this serious fuel in the cockpit issue.

3) The aileron and elevator controls are very smooth and light. However the rudder is extremely stiff. I disconnected the linkage between the rudder pedals and the nose gear lever; at this point it was very clear that the far majority (95% plus) of the rudder force is due to nosewheel pivot resistance. An individual on Matronics indicated that he had the same problem which he solved by machining a part. Please see here the text of his post on Matronics’s.

"When our Allegro 2000 was delivered the rudders were stiff.
We found the problem to be the sleeve (the piece with the lubricating nipple in
enclosed photo) jamming against the collar above. We machined it down a few thou
and the rudders are smooth and light.
Paul”

I’ve attached a few photos of the sleeve and collar that I believe he’s referring to. Please let me know what's your recommendation is to resolve this issue. Any assembly drawing would be helpful. At this point very aggressive rudder forces are needed for ground control and in the air.

Your timely response to these issues would be greatly appreciated. Email or call me anytime. I copied my LSA mechanic on this email. I’m looking forward to getting this pretty little bird flying again.

Dee LeBlanc
leblancds(at)cox.net
cell 225-802-1038
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Past is History
The Future is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That’s Why They Call it the Present

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List

thumb_IMG_1589_1024.jpg
 Description:
Nose wheel strut 2
 Filesize:  172.78 KB
 Viewed:  5463 Time(s)

thumb_IMG_1589_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1588_1024.jpg
 Description:
Nose wheel strut 1
 Filesize:  187.95 KB
 Viewed:  5459 Time(s)

thumb_IMG_1588_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1581_1024.jpg
 Description:
Nylon fragment (maybe from compression gasket / seal)
 Filesize:  532.47 KB

thumb_IMG_1581_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1583_1024.jpg
 Description:
Fuselage tank outlet fitting
 Filesize:  231.36 KB

thumb_IMG_1583_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1579_1024.jpg
 Description:
Fuselage fuel tank outlet ..
 Filesize:  237.69 KB

thumb_IMG_1579_1024.jpg

That’s Why They Call it the Present
aerosiam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Multiple Issues on Maiden Flight - HELP Reply with quote

Dee

See my original post
http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?t=55665

I'm pretty sure it was the collar above the compression block which we machined down (in your second photo which corresponds to my original photo)

Are you certain the nosegear tube is not bent ?

Regards
Paul

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: