Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Navworx upgrade new wires for ghosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerosport1

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Navworx upgrade new wires for ghosting Reply with quote

Looking for some feedback from anyone that has recently upgraded their NavWorx ADSB unit. I am looking to verify the wiring diagram that Navworxs supplies in their current manual. I am really interested in the upgrade with units with a Garmin 330 transponder. My previous configuration was working great and with the upgrade it calls for the addition of 2 wires one going from pin 35 NavWorx to the suppression pin #41 on the 330 transponder. And then pin #3 Navworx box to +5vdc to +5vdc transponder.

Anyone out there that has gone thru this

Thanks Geoff

Geoff Combs
Aerosport Modeling & Design
8090 Howe Industrial Parkway
Canal, Winchester, Ohio 43110
614-834-5227

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

Lenny Iszak

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Navworx upgrade new wires for ghosting Reply with quote

Geoff,

What's the reason for suppressing the output of the GTX330? They transmit on different frequencies. The GTX is on 1090 and the UAT is on 978.
Lenny

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

aerosport1

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Navworx upgrade new wires for ghosting Reply with quote

So you do not have ghosting
Sent from my iPhone
Geoff Combs

Quote:
On May 1, 2016, at 2:18 PM, Lenny Iszak <lenard(at)rapiddecision.com> wrote:

Geoff,

What's the reason for suppressing the output of the GTX330? They transmit on different frequencies. The GTX is on 1090 and the UAT is on 978.

Lenny

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=455723#455723

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Navworx upgrade new wires for ghosting Reply with quote

Hi Geoff,

I have had NavWorX ADS-600B for many years. There is a lot that
changed since I first put it in back in 2009/2010. Last year I sent
my box back in to have the hardware updated, and I bought a 2nd
unit for my almost-completed RV-14. So I had the old wiring diagram
wired previously, and when I got it back, I had to re-wire a few things.
Check the manual well, you will see that there is a serial number where
things changed from a hardware perspective. I can't remember
the s/n offhand, but it's I think in the 600's or 800's. Once you verify
that you will know which diagram to wire by. If yours is the older
numbers you may want to send it in for upgrade.

Now, that said, since I was wired previously without the inhibit,
I didn't wire it when I went to the new wiring diagram either.
I have the GTX330 in the RV-10 also. It seems to work just fine
without it. I don't see ghosting. I can't say "NEVER" because a
couple times in my life when passing by specific ATC class Bravos
I've seen a couple of oddities when you are being bombarded by
terminal radar and things weren't up to snuff with something in
the overall ADS-B system. But, I've flown all over the place and it
pretty much just works well all over. So I would leave it not wired
and see how it goes, unless you for some reason have easy access to the
wiring...then maybe go for it.

Tim

On 5/1/2016 9:11 PM, Geoff Combs wrote:
Quote:

So you do not have ghosting
Sent from my iPhone
Geoff Combs

aerosport1

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Navworx upgrade new wires for ghosting Reply with quote

Tim thanks for the reply. I do have the newer box and have also sent it back
a couple times. That being said I did add the
Wire from Navworx box #35 pin to the 330 Transponder #31 pin. I flew it
yesterday and it all seemed good. I thought about trying
It without but I Had 2 unused wires that I could use so I did install it.

Geoff

--

Lenny Iszak

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Navworx upgrade new wires for ghosting Reply with quote

I have a GTX327 only and no ghosting. I think you get ghosting if your Navworx box is receiving only and not transmitting for some reason.
The ground station sees you as a secondary target (via your regular transponder) only and sends your position as traffic to everyone including you without an N number and then you'll show up on your own screen.

I see that NavWorx is planning to have a 1090ES receiver option, so maybe the suppression lines are for that, so you don't receive your own Mode S transmission.

My traffic display broke a couple of weeks ago. I updated my AFS5800 software and I could not receive ADSB ground stations for some reason, but i'd still get some direct UAT traffic. Turns out I had to have my N number and mode S code set in the transponder settings of the Efis, even though I'm not using their remote transponder. They apparently use it for filtering on their end. All good now. I think you also have AFS screens so that might be relevant for you.

Lenny

hotwheels

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Navworx upgrade new wires for ghosting Reply with quote

I keep a spreadsheet of all device / cable pinouts. There's a note on ADS600-B Pin 35 description / notes state "Transponder Suppression OUT (ARINC does this)".

For my setup, pin 35 is not connected and ARINC connection is active to G330. No ghosting issues after latest FW v4 and hardware rework.

Regards,
Jay
N433RV flying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: