Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nothing heard in Awhile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n5pb(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Nothing heard in Awhile Reply with quote

I haven't heard from hardly anyone at all on the net here. I hope everyone is doing well. It's hot and humid here in Brooksville, FL. My "Jet " is flying well, except for a oil pressure issue. It was reading low 27-28 in cruise flight. Pete said to check all the connections especially those going to ground for any corrosion. I did all that to no avail. Then I ordered new pressure sender units. (2 actually) when I installed them that read low, 24 at idle....normally it should be 34 or so. I changed the oil and oil filter as well and reinstalled the old oil pressure sender. The issue went away....strange.

BTW, does any know if the new oil pressure senders need to be "Calibrated" and if so, how do you do it.

I hope everyone who went to Air Venture had a good time.
When's the next newsletter coming out.

When's the Lightning home coming this year?

Thanks
Bear.
N82PB

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
mark(at)flylightning.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Nothing heard in Awhile Reply with quote

Hi Paul!

There has been no traffic on the Matronics list for quite some time. From the factory we have been posting updates to the web site or Facebook.

I’ve never calibrated a sender. I’ve compared them in the past to a known good gauge but that was with a Lycoming installation.

The Homecoming is the last Saturday in September this year. We backed it up a weekend for a couple of different reasons. We hope you’re able to make it this year!

Mark

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of n5pb(at)AOL.COM
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:22 PM
To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Lightning-List: Nothing heard in Awhile

I haven't heard from hardly anyone at all on the net here. I hope everyone is doing well.  It's hot and humid here in Brooksville, FL.  My "Jet " is flying well, except for a oil pressure issue.  It was reading low 27-28 in cruise flight.  Pete said to check all the connections especially those going to ground for any corrosion.  I did all that to no avail.  Then I ordered new pressure sender units. (2 actually)  when I installed them that read low, 24 at idle....normally it should be 34 or so.  I changed the oil and oil filter as well and reinstalled the old oil pressure sender.  The issue went away....strange.  

BTW, does any know if the new oil pressure senders need to be "Calibrated" and if so, how do you do it.

Thanks

Bear.

N82PB

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

T Schmidt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Nothing heard in Awhile Reply with quote

Mark:

Your note was erroneously sent to me.  You might want to re-send it to the correct address.
I hope all is well at Arion.  Life here on the Virginia farm is good.  Both of my boys are doing well and my wife still thinks I'm OK (I've got her fooled).  I'm still trying to decide what to do with my flying.  With the passage of the medical reform legislation, my options are now much greater.  I hope life is treating you well and that you're keeping a lot of Lightnings flying.
T. Schmidt 
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Mark Stauffer <mark(at)flylightning.net (mark(at)flylightning.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Hi Paul!

There has been no traffic on the Matronics list for quite some time. From the factory we have been posting updates to the web site or Facebook.

I’ve never calibrated a sender. I’ve compared them in the past to a known good gauge but that was with a Lycoming installation.

The Homecoming is the last Saturday in September this year. We backed it up a weekend for a couple of different reasons. We hope you’re able to make it this year!

Mark

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of n5pb(at)AOL.COM (n5pb(at)AOL.COM)
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:22 PM
To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com (lightning-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Nothing heard in Awhile

I haven't heard from hardly anyone at all on the net here. I hope everyone is doing well.  It's hot and humid here in Brooksville, FL.  My "Jet " is flying well, except for a oil pressure issue.  It was reading low 27-28 in cruise flight.  Pete said to check all the connections especially those going to ground for any corrosion.  I did all that to no avail.  Then I ordered new pressure sender units. (2 actually)  when I installed them that read low, 24 at idle....normally it should be 34 or so.  I changed the oil and oil filter as well and reinstalled the old oil pressure sender.  The issue went away....strange.  

Thanks

Bear.

N82PB

n5pb(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Nothing heard in Awhile Reply with quote

Thanks Mark for the reply.
I'm glad I sent out the email because I didn't realize the homecoming moved up a week. I hope to make it this year.

I guess the oil pressure senders on the Jab are pre-calibrated at the factory. I really didn't see any way to manually/mechanically adjust the unit, so I was curious if there was a way to do it with PFD software.

Hope your college work is progressing well.
Take care
Bear

--

dwwilt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Nothing heard in Awhile Reply with quote

Paul,

For some reason, I never received your first e-mail to the Lightning List. The newsletter should be done this weekend. It's taking longer than usual because I have chores to do, like paint the interior of the house. I've been working on that one all summer and only have the laundry room to go. Both of my comms failed and they are off to Garmin for a repair. I've been looking at the wiring to see if anything looks funny, so far the only thing I have found is that the avionics guy didn't ground the shields on the shielded wiring. That is why I have noisy radios, but it should not have caused a failure. My PS Engineering PMA5000EX audio panel tested good, so that isn't it either. Maybe a coincidence. So another thing getting in the way of the newsletter.

Tim, you got the e-mail because you are subscribed to the Lightning List on Matronix, not because Mark sent it to you.

I will be at the Lightning homecoming even if I have to drive.

Regards,

Dennis W. Wilt
N616DW (Arion Lightning S/N 132)

--

n5pb(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Nothing heard in Awhile Reply with quote

Dennis,
That's kind of interesting. When I sent out the email, I too, did not get a reply from the matronics list. (I always get a reply even if I'm the sender) I thought it probably didn't get sent so I then sent out a "test" email, and again, did not receive an email reply from the list. I was then surprised to see Mark's reply. Apparently, he got it the initial email I sent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: